Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Re: Nausea and vomiting

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
No Realist, he gave me Amoxil, 500 mg capsule, 1 every 12 hours, for 10 days. My pharmacist said they are antibiotics.
Yep, that's Amoxycillin, just as I predicted.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep, that's Amoxycillin, just as I predicted.
Broad based, kills good bacteria along with the bad, you need plenty of good bacteria to replace what's lost...maybe natural yoghurt? Acidophilus?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Didn't you have a sedative before your colonoscopy?
I always ask for the legal limit and then some!

The postal (mail) screening test is suitable for everyone who possesses a working bowel!
You should consider being screened as long as you have a working bowel. Or even half one.

Edit: just seen your post above, maybe the screening doesn't apply to you, I dunno.
I always do every screening offered.
Hi Ruthio,

Yes, I woke up (from my partial seditive) when I had that bad time and didn't go back for 10 years). It wore off. Back then, they didn't hook you up to IV, just gave us a needle.....so if you got a grouchy nurse (like I did), she can be skimpy on the "good stuff"........

That was 15 - 20 years ago. I didn't go back for 10 years and that is when they found the 2 cancers in the bowel.
I don't know about UK but here, if we have a history of bowel cancel, we don't use the "mail in" kit, we have to have the colonoscopy, which I don't mind as they have us on IV now and there is no pain.
Brill17
New Member!
Tucson, United States
Brill17 is male 

23-11-2018, 04:35 AM

You can try ginger.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Perhaps I could mention that I have just this morning been for a gastroscopy (to diagnose recent nausea and vomiting).

They do offer the option of Valium sedation, but I declined and went with just the anaesthetic spray to the back of the throat (which tastes absolutely foul!).

It took less than ten minutes and was, apart from a slightly strange feeling in the throat, completely painless.

Certainly nothing to worry about.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is one of those times when having a small bottle of GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) would have helped. It kills stomach bugs pretty quickly and stops you throwing up.
Much depends how quickly you take it though.

Have to ask, is your sickness accompanied by the runs? If so, likely just a tummy bug gastrointestinal thing, possibly Norovirus. That typically lasts 72 hours but again if you had GSE it would be over in 12 hrs or so.

Eat bland food at this stage. Garlic is good for killing bugs.

As others have said keep hydrated.
Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
PS: I have mesh holding my bowel together where it attaches to my small intestines. I also lost some of my small intestines. I had several incisional hernias and a strangulation of the bowel with the mesh.

I was in hospital about a month ago, as I was so sick, but didn't have the pain in my side. They checked my mesh to make sure it wasn't strangulating again. It is fine (thank God)
I didn't have the pain in my side, so they didn't connect it to gall bladder maybe. They concentrated more on the bowel and the previous cancers........
Hope this has settled for you, WB...I noticed that you hadn't posted further.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hope this has settled for you, WB...I noticed that you hadn't posted further.
Richard, I am sorry I missed your reply on this one. I periodically get so sick and I miss a lot.....it was nice of you to think of me Richard, when you have so much on your plate yourself.

Right now, I am feeling quite good, and I pray that you also will have a good day.....

Blue xx

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top