Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:39 PM

There is a ghost in my house.

How bizarre! I used my nail scissors to cut off a label on a new top last night, I put the scissors back in the place I keep them.
When I looked to remove the barb, they had vanished!!!!!
I looked everywhere. This morning they were back!!!!
This has happened a few times with different things, they vanish then reappear another day.

Has this ever happened to you?
Or am I going mad?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:45 PM

Re: There is a ghost in my house.

Happens a lot but I put that down to kids moving stuff around. I do wonder though if we have a real ghost though. Sometimes in the quiet I sit here and hear doggy feet pattering along our hallway, then I realise my dogs are sleep next to me and we carpeted the hallway a few years ago after our last dogs died. Are they back to see us I wonder ?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Happens a lot but I put that down to kids moving stuff around. I do wonder though if we have a real ghost though. Sometimes in the quiet I sit here and hear doggy feet pattering along our hallway, then I realise my dogs are sleep next to me and we carpeted the hallway a few years ago after our last dogs died. Are they back to see us I wonder ?
Maybe Julie, why not if you loved them.
No, it is not my boys moving stuff, I checked.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, Julie.
For several months after his little Bedlington died, he and his wife both heard her about the house.

He caught a fleeting glimpse of her trotting along past his bedroom door once too.

I also saw one of my boys in my old garden too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
How bizarre! I used my nail scissors to cut off a label on a new top last night, I put the scissors back in the place I keep them.
When I looked to remove the barb, they had vanished!!!!!
I looked everywhere. This morning they were back!!!!
This has happened a few times with different things, they vanish then reappear another day.

Has this ever happened to you?
Or am I going mad?
Definitely the latter..............
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 07:31 PM

Things going missing were a feature of my childhood home, which supposedly hosted a poltergeist. Its most persistent trick was to nick the cutlery! The drawer would be full before we went to bed, but when we came down in the morning only one or two pieces would be left in the drawer! The next day the cutlery would have reappeared. We never did get to the bottom of that one.

I remember one winter evening my father was sitting in our breakfast room writing at the table using his grey parker pen. The phone rang in the kitchen next door, and he went to answer it. My sisters and I were playing a card game with my mother in front of the breakfast room fire. When my father came back into the room he discovered his pen was missing, and accused one of us of removing it. My mother was able to state categorically that none of us had got up from our chairs whilst he was out of the room. We searched high and low for the pen, but were unable to locate it. A year almost to the day later, my father was sat at the table again going through some documents, we were sat on our chairs playing a board game with our mother. He turned his head to ask us a question, and when he looked back at the table there was his parker pen, in exactly the same position he has left it the year before. We never did come up with a satisfactory explanation for that weird occurrence.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-11-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Definitely the latter..............
I suppose so.

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Things going missing were a feature of my childhood home, which supposedly hosted a poltergeist. Its most persistent trick was to nick the cutlery! The drawer would be full before we went to bed, but when we came down in the morning only one or two pieces would be left in the drawer! The next day the cutlery would have reappeared. We never did get to the bottom of that one.

I remember one winter evening my father was sitting in our breakfast room writing at the table using his grey parker pen. The phone rang in the kitchen next door, and he went to answer it. My sisters and I were playing a card game with my mother in front of the breakfast room fire. When my father came back into the room he discovered his pen was missing, and accused one of us of removing it. My mother was able to state categorically that none of us had got up from our chairs whilst he was out of the room. We searched high and low for the pen, but were unable to locate it. A year almost to the day later, my father was sat at the table again going through some documents, we were sat on our chairs playing a board game with our mother He turned his head to ask us a question, and when he looked back at the table there was his parker pen, in exactly the same position he has left it the year before. We never did come up with a satisfactory explanation for that weird occurrence.
That happens in my home.
A poltergeist really?????
Why me?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Recently , friend Sue was sewing using her mum's silver thimble . Sitting quietly sewing she popped the thimble onto her lap , a few seconds later went to pop the thimble onto her finger and couldn't find it, gently stood up , holding her skirt in front for it to roll into view , nothing, stroked herself down , checked the chair , kneeled on the floor , felt on the sofa nothing . She sat back down and started sewing again , suddenly in front of her eyes dropped the thimble and plopped onto her lap , she saw it fall from about 8 inches in the air .

We think her mum must have been around and playing tricks .

These are called Apports
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:49 AM

Many people seem to experience odd happenings. We did when we were at home as children, dad did and he also saw a ghost , I heard the ghost many times, as did my sister.

But, I doubt it is anything to do with a particular person who lives in a house, these must be bored, wandering souls, and there must be some history of who lived in a house and any unusual stories.
That is what I would be more interested in.

How strange it coincided with Halloween !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Recently , friend Sue was sewing using her mum's silver thimble . Sitting quietly sewing she popped the thimble onto her lap , a few seconds later went to pop the thimble onto her finger and couldn't find it, gently stood up , holding her skirt in front for it to roll into view , nothing, stroked herself down , checked the chair , kneeled on the floor , felt on the sofa nothing . She sat back down and started sewing again , suddenly in front of her eyes dropped the thimble and plopped onto her lap , she saw it fall from about 8 inches in the air .

We think her mum must have been around and playing tricks .

These are called Apports
Well I am glad I am not the only one.
It doesn't scare me, it is just frustrating.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Many people seem to experience odd happenings. We did when we were at home as children, dad did and he also saw a ghost , I heard the ghost many times, as did my sister.

But, I doubt it is anything to do with a particular person who lives in a house, these must be bored, wandering souls, and there must be some history of who lived in a house and any unusual stories.
That is what I would be more interested in.

How strange it coincided with Halloween !
I do know the history of my home, as I love researching family history, I searched the census for my home. We have a house name also, so we made a plaque.
Another thing vanished yesterday, a tube of glue! Weird that one!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top