Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:09 PM

Calendar

I am not quite sure how to do this- but how about us all making a calendar? There are some fantastic photos around here- perhaps a post and a month suggestion?
I have seen some fantastic posts- Perhaps we could make a forum Calendar?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:13 PM

Re: Calendar

Lovely idea Toners, it could be along the lines of the 'Countryfile' Calandar on telly, where people send in a picture for the appropriate month.

Like you say though, I haven't a clue how it could be done.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:29 PM

[B]Ok a start- October
toners
Cheshire

02-11-2018, 11:30 PM

Ok D00D and Nom get going
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
I am not quite sure how to do this- but how about us all making a calendar? There are some fantastic photos around here- perhaps a post and a month suggestion?
I have seen some fantastic posts- Perhaps we could make a forum Calendar?
We had a calendar on our sister site and it was a nightmare to organise, people adding photographs then changing their minds and wanting them removed, people ordering a calendar then changing their minds and not paying (it was quite expensive to have a small number printed) . I don't think we would want to get involved with that again.
toners
Cheshire

02-11-2018, 11:36 PM

Not sure how we could do it but there are some fantastic photographers here. Well I reckon we can collect some ace photos for a calendar. Perhaps some way of choosing them and posting to a forum
toners
Cheshire

02-11-2018, 11:42 PM

Ok lets just see how we go then- if it went wrong elsewhere- perhaps it can be simpler. Lets just see our photos and leave it at that. No need to get complex.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:50 PM

My dear wif got one made for me - the actual physical version you hand on your wall. I'll ask her where she got it done. I'm sure they will do electronic versions.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:02 AM

Like Countryfile there could be a competition for the months & the mods could chose the last 12? Even if the calendar isn't a proper paper one.
toners
Cheshire

03-11-2018, 12:55 PM

A simple solution would be to do as Tiffs suggests- have a 'competition' to select the 12 monthly photos and post the results in the same way as the 'Spooky' photos were presented. If entrants agreed to give permission for forum members to copy the photos- (easy to copy from the site anyway). If people wanted a hardcopy calendar they could just upload them to Snapfish (or a similar site) and get calendar made up from the pics. I've done that myself with photos of my grandchildren.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top