Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Calendar

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Lovely idea Toners, it could be along the lines of the 'Countryfile' Calandar on telly, where people send in a picture for the appropriate month.

Like you say though, I haven't a clue how it could be done.
Great idea, Toners -- and I also was think along the lines suggested above. . a photo each day - perhaps a song with it or a verse??
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
[B]Ok a start- October
Good start Toners - and so many lovely Fall colours I am sure members have photos of. Fireworks tonight in UK - if you are brave enough!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
A simple solution would be to do as Tiffs suggests- have a 'competition' to select the 12 monthly photos and post the results in the same way as the 'Spooky' photos were presented. If entrants agreed to give permission for forum members to copy the photos- (easy to copy from the site anyway). If people wanted a hardcopy calendar they could just upload them to Snapfish (or a similar site) and get calendar made up from the pics. I've done that myself with photos of my grandchildren.
Thank you Toners.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:18 PM

It might be easy enough to do a monthly calendar in just forum format. The month is copy/pasted from a Word template into an art program, then a photo and background is added. Just about any background is possible.

It could probably be done entirely in word but the presentation is more flexible when an art program is used.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:47 PM

Far too technological for me. I've not a clue & really can't be bothered to learn. I'd much rather just post pics.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Far too technological for me. I've not a clue & really can't be bothered to learn. I'd much rather just post pics.
I would too Tiffany but reading the thread, I thought people seemed keen on it, so I just tried to come up with a practical way it might be done that wouldn't be too much trouble.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

04-11-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I would too Tiffany but reading the thread, I thought people seemed keen on it, so I just tried to come up with a practical way it might be done that wouldn't be too much trouble.
Maybe once the thread is underway, some one who knows how could do it, but it can't be me. I am clueless.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

04-11-2018, 12:19 AM

I could insert the photo and calendar into that design (or similar) every month but a way of choosing a monthly photo to put in it would be the difficult part. It would be something that maybe needs some sort of vote or perhaps a designated person (not me) to choose it.

I don't know the trouble that part caused for the Mods on the sister site but thinking further, maybe the idea of a calendar wouldn't be viable for that reason.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 01:36 AM

I think it is a great idea, although I am useless at photography.
I will have a go. x
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Hmmm ... my photography is like some kind of alternative view of things, (and wait till you see my abstracts!) I've never really done much seasonal calendar type stuff, and living in London there's lots of other things going on.

I could submit some shots though.

Kensington Palace in January

Queen Caroline's Temple, Hyde Park in July

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top