Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:30 AM

Thank goodness it's friday

As I got up yelling to Grace we had over slept and to get a move on I thought thank goodness it's Friday I can't imagine surviving another day before we get to the weekend. I have found a tube of vitamin B tablets and am going to be taking them I think I need the energy today.

Stress at work at the moment, complicated situation they are taking the security guards away so getting in and out of the building is changing and so far the suggestions are we all cut our hours so we can finish at a set time and someone can lock up or we all stop working evenings and do very early mornings instead. Neither of which suit me at all, one way I lose half my wages and the other I have to start work at 3am !

Stress at home as we try not to put any worries on Steven as he still seems so fragile, don't want to send him back into depression again. Money is an issue the idiots at the benefit office seem unable to read and have sent back our forms again without any explanation why we've done them wrong.
For some reason they are only paying half our rent they did say we'd get it all and started paying it then after 6 payments halved what they gave us. I'm ringing council daily apologizing we haven't paid them, and they have been good but it's adding up.

I'm looking at weekend jobs in the paper, might try and get a few more hours so we can bin the benefits but I am not sure I'm fit enough myself to do that. Will have to try it and see.

Sorry it's such a moany thread I know others have it worse than us we are lucky really. Just doesn't feel like that this morning.

Anyway got Grace to school on time, so that's a plus. Dogs were happy with their walk because it's not too wet for little one and enough puddles and mud to keep big one happy too. I'm drinking a lovely cup of coffee eating a lovely home baked oaty biscuit so not all bad in the world.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:34 AM

Re: Thank goodness it's friday

Sorry to hear it’s all too much for you and the family, atm! Can’t offer any advice or words of wisdom, but will send a virtual hug, and hope that things get resolved/easier soon. And hoping hubby gets well soon. X
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:17 PM

Sorry you have all this stress on your plate atm Julie..I hope you can see your way through it all..take all the help you can get and keep life calm ...Hope all gets better in time!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Got the weekend to try and cheer up. I'm going to the mosque on the way home from work, the ladies there usually manage to make me feel better.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Got the weekend to try and cheer up. I'm going to the mosque on the way home from work, the ladies there usually manage to make me feel better.
Thats good Julie,its lovely to have friends who lift your spirits
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:59 PM

Hope things improve for you Julie

But I agree about Fridays
Nothing beats that Friday night feeling when you've got the whole weekend ahead of you

For my self I shall be uncorking a bottle of someone's finest...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:50 PM

Very sorry to hear of all your troubles, Julie.
I do hope things improve for you very soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 05:31 PM

Sorry to hear you are struggling right now. Somehow, just somehow, I know you will cope and things won't always be like this. Until then Julie, try not to stress too much, things have a way of working out. (hugs) x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 05:51 PM

Julie, it sounds like you have most definitely earned your Saturday!

I hope you can find a little corner of the world to treat yourself to a cup of tea or a nice uninterrupted bath. Your resilience is a fine thing.

Rhian, as much as I loved teaching (and I am still tutoring), I felt like it was my own cork that was popping on Friday afternoon! Have fun...and if you wouldn't mind scoot over and pour Julie and me a glass .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:27 PM

Oh, Julie, I am so sorry that life is difficult at the moment.
Try and relax a bit during the weekend.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you. x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top