Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:24 PM

Attention seeking people

You know the ones, they start singing loudly at concerts. They take over a situation.
They barge in on private conversations and dominate. How do you handle them?
Walk away, or ignore?
Tell them to behave?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Re: Attention seeking people

I walk away and ignore SP...these kind of people irritate the hell out of me. I dont give them houseroom in my life.
There are "fountains and drains" in life and I like to fill mine with "fountains"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I walk away and ignore SP...these kind of people irritate the hell out of me. I dont give them houseroom in my life.
There are "fountains and drains" in life and I like to fill mine with "fountains"
Very wise words Aysa.
Why do they do it?
I cannot fathom it out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You know the ones, they start singing loudly at concerts. They take over a situation.
They barge in on private conversations and dominate. How do you handle them?
Walk away, or ignore?
Tell them to behave?
I would tend to either walk away or ignore them SP.
hoping that someone else would tell them to behave!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Oh how brilliantly put. I choose fountains also.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Very wise words Aysa.
Why do they do it?
I cannot fathom it out.
I think trying to figure out “‘why’ people do what they do” is enough to drive anyone nuts. We don’t always have to analyze people and wonder why they do things. That’s enough to drive anyone nuts. I think people in general do things the way they do because it works for them. If it didn’t work for them then they would stop doing it.

The best thing to do, in my opinion; (not that I’m any better at dealing with it) is to either accept them as is , or ignore them.
We can’t go around changing people to suite our own needs and wants nor can we throw them in a room and lock the door.

Besides which I think we are all attention seekers to a certain extent or we wouldn’t be here on a community site talking to others. It’s not an insult. Just a logical fact to consider.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:00 PM

I try to accept people as they are, you can't change them only how you react to them. Some people get a bit overexcited in company I always think they might be a bit lonely and over compensating for that.

I agree with bratti about forums, if we weren't a bit attention seeking we wouldn't be here
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:10 PM

When training puppies you ignore bad behaviour and don't reward it with attention. I tend to do the same with attention seeking humans these days .

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Besides which I think we are all attention seekers to a certain extent or we wouldn’t be here on a community site talking to others.
I am afraid I don't agree with that Bratti I joined our sister site 'Dogweb' many years ago not to 'seek attention' but having spent almost a lifetime working with and owning dogs to try to help and advise other less experienced owners. Many of us there joined for the same reason.

This site was set up as a kind of extension to our sister sites, as a place where people could chat and share common interests not as a platform for attention seekers .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I try to accept people as they are, you can't change them only how you react to them. Some people get a bit overexcited in company I always think they might be a bit lonely and over compensating for that.

I agree with bratti about forums, if we weren't a bit attention seeking we wouldn't be here

Sorry Julie (and Bratti), but I can't connect with that idea at all.

I really don't see what chatting to friends for a bit of company, plus some humour, and even interesting threads, has to do with being an "Attention seeker?"

I honestly don't think I seek attention, and never have, in fact I'm pretty quiet in 'real life'.
I just enjoy a bit of company sometimes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:24 PM

I think people put up with them for a time but eventually ignore them. It's much easier that way. There is a difference between seeking a bit of attention and being disruptive or nasty.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:34 PM

Rentagobs?...I give 'em a body swerve and a withering dirty look..that'll teach 'em to out-sing/out-talk Moi...cheek!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top