Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Re: What is the strangest gift you have ever received?

You were married by 17?
I was still a virgin
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My Nan knitted me a mohair jumper back in the 70's. Apart from being too itchy to wear, the sleeves were twice as long as my arms.
Do you have a pic by any chance? Lol
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:01 PM

My mother-in-law knitted some ghastly bright yellow bootees, for our eldest girl, which were so big they would almost have fitted her as an adult.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
This made me smile Mups because a pal of mine one year stuck for ideas for Christmas decided to buy her grand kids a world wildlife fund care for a baby elephant for a year gift.

She sat them all down to explain what she had bought with pictures of the little elephant and its name thinking they would be delighted...but they totally misunderstood and jumped up and down with glee wanting to know where it was?...was it in her car they asked?.....what tears when all she had was the pictures....they are adults now but they often remind her how cheated they felt that it wasn't sat in her car patiently waiting to surprise them

Aah, that's a shame poor Gran's good intentions weren't quite understood, Summer.

There are lots of things you can sponser now as Christmas gifts aren't there, and they help something worthwhile as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Do you have a pic by any chance? Lol
Ooooooooooh No! I looked like a Gorilla.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:39 PM

You were married by 17?
I was still a virgin

I was only 18 when I got wed.
You think you know it all at that age, don't you.

Must have had the rose-tinted glasses on too much.
Still, I don't regret it really, and we stayed friends forever after we split, even though life moved on.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I was married by that age. X
You were cute and happy as a button, I'm sure .

You were married by 17?
I was still a virgin
Me too and a loooooong time afterwards. Nose in the books and all. Besides, I looked like I was twelve.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:53 PM

You were married by 17?
I was still a virgin
Me too, married at 17 I mean, not a virgin

The strangest gift I've ever given was probably the bog seat I bought for my ex boss one Christmas.

She was absolutely chuffed with it and said she wished more people would buy the things she actually needed rather than expensive tat she didn't.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Me too, married at 17 I mean, not a virgin

The strangest gift I've ever given was probably the bog seat I bought for my ex boss one Christmas.

She was absolutely chuffed with it and said she wished more people would buy the things she actually needed rather than expensive tat she didn't.
Mmm, I suppose if that's what she wanted.
Mind you there are some lovely ones these days Nicol.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:06 PM

I did buy my girlfriend a newspaper full of pea pods when I was 16, always the romantic

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top