Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:53 PM

Re: My new Mobile

I'm terrible with buying expensive phones - I get that buzz of anticipation. I'm still in love with my iPhone X which I got in January; it was the most expensive phone I've ever bought but I plan on keeping it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Sounds like you had a very good experience, Mups, which can't be said of every shop.

When I was shopping for my watch, the staff offered me tea or coffee. No doubt they were anticipating I would spend a lot of money but still it was a nice touch.

If you search for apps on the Play store I can recommend Doze which is free and plays relaxing piano music or nature sounds. There are a lot of apps that play natural sounds and I always have one or two of them as they aid sleep or just to relax to at any time. Most of them are free if you can put up with a few ads.

I'll see if I can fiddle about and find that later Ffosse, thank you. Sounds just the sort of music I like.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 06:31 PM

I am into my technology, but refuse to spend a lot on mobiles.
I have a Samsung J5 (2017) and it's probably one of the best phones I've ever had.

I had an Iphone when they first came out - never again!
They are too expensive, too restrictive and the screens break far too easily (even on the latest ones).

Good choice on the J3 Mups. They are standard issue to the engineers at work - a real good / reliable workhorse phone.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 06:44 PM

I've always had androids
All of them great
My latest is a Samsung Note 8
It's sublime
I got 8gb of data per month on it to make sure I got the best out of it, so my monthly contract payments shot up a bit. It's my PC-in-a-handbag and many many other things.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:35 PM

I get my two youngest daughter’s cast off iPhones.
My contract is with Tesco whose network provider is O2. I pay £5 a month for 500mb, 5000 texts and 250 minutes. I am very pleased with that...... unless anyone knows better?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:40 PM

I'm selling my iPhone 8 this week, keeping the X. And I'll be buying the XR when it comes out.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I've always had androids
All of them great
My latest is a Samsung Note 8
It's sublime
I got 8gb of data per month on it to make sure I got the best out of it, so my monthly contract payments shot up a bit. It's my PC-in-a-handbag and many many other things.
I am sure you can get medication for that
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by dwebb ->
i am sure you can get medication for that
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I get my two youngest daughter’s cast off iPhones.
My contract is with Tesco whose network provider is O2. I pay £5 a month for 500mb, 5000 texts and 250 minutes. I am very pleased with that...... unless anyone knows better?

Art, as I said earlier, mine is £5 per month too.
I get 500 mins talk time, unlimited texts and 1 Gb data, which is plenty for my use.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:43 PM

great service there Mups, I can see why you would be chuffed, sounds like the sales rep made you feel like you were important and not just another customer. Great salesmanship there, I always take a good salespersons name and give them the recognition they deserve by either writing to the manager or phoning. Well Done CPW. Enjoy your new phone.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top