Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:34 PM

New MPs

I've been watching the Maiden Speeches of new MPs on the BBC Parliament channel.
They all seem good hearted, honest, caring people and I was impressed by their enthusiasm. I hope they will help to make this Government better and more humane.
I hope they don't become like some of the others.

There were also some more experienced MPs speaking.
I found Owen Patterson very reassuring about Brexit. I wish we could hear more from him.
I get the feeling that things are beginning to change for the better, I hope so.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:44 PM

Re: New MPs

Aren't all new MP's keen? But once they get over it all they can think of is the jollies, expenses, gold plated pensions, automatic pay rises.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:54 PM

It would be interesting to see the Maiden Speeches of May and Corbyn, I'll have to see if they're recorded somewhere!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:56 PM

That would be interesting, I suspect Jeremy's would have been delivered with the same sort of zeal last seen at Galillee.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've been watching the Maiden Speeches of new MPs on the BBC Parliament channel.
They all seem good hearted, honest, caring people and I was impressed by their enthusiasm. I hope they will help to make this Government better and more humane.
I hope they don't become like some of the others.

There were also some more experienced MPs speaking.
I found Owen Patterson very reassuring about Brexit. I wish we could hear more from him.
I get the feeling that things are beginning to change for the better, I hope so.
Hi

Owen Paterson is my local MP.

He is a strong supporter of Fox Hunting and Badger Culling.

He is extremely Right Wing, making Mrs Thatcher look like Corbyn.

He supports more austerity and a liberalisation of employment law, which includes abolishing the minimum wage and letting employers decide pay rates.

He believes that people should make their own pension provision and not be reliant upon the State Pension and that employers should not have to pay NI Contributions.

Paterson raised £20 million to set up the 2020 Group, an extreme right wing think tank of which he is chairman.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-06-2017, 05:06 PM

I don't want to marry him, I just felt better listening to his views on Brexit.
Thank heavens you told me what he's really like! Now I'm back to worrying about Brexit and realising I can't trust any Tories!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top