Join for free
Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Re: Brexit and Boris.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Article 50 simply states:
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention.

In lay men's terms: UK: we are going to leave. EU: sorry to hear that. Goodbye.

Asking is done by a country to admitted as a member. Once admitted it is up to the member to stay or leave on any moment.
That decision is not open to negotiation, it is unilaterely taken by the leaving member.

As you may find, the EU has never asked the UK to stay, nor has it delayed it's decisions to prolongue the UK membership. You did that yourself.
Sorry, I was being facetious!
Although...

Also no I didn't!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry, I was being facetious!
Although...

Also no I didn't!
No you were not. You were just wrong about the position the UK is in. Most of your negotiators made that same mistake.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:35 PM

No you were not. You were just wrong about the position the UK is in. Most of your negotiators made that same mistake.
Yes, I was, it was a "tongue in cheek" post. Given that Boris has no idea what he's doing.
I won't argue about it, I thought we were on the same side, but, heyho!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 07:10 PM

Yes, I was, it was a "tongue in cheek" post. Given that Boris has no idea what he's doing.
I won't argue about it, I thought we were on the same side, but, heyho!
Sorry, humour of a level too high for my grasp of english
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Sorry, humour of a level too high for my grasp of english
You're forgiven, if you tell me the requirements for claiming asylum in Holland...

...just in case...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-08-2019, 08:59 PM

You're forgiven, if you tell me the requirements for claiming asylum in Holland...

...just in case...
Ladies are always welcome in holland.

Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top