Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 03:56 PM

Re: Don't Even Go There Boris!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Remember though, Boris won the election (within the membership and the party) fair and square by a huge majority. In a vote of no confidence he would need a lot more of his own party to vote against him for labour to succeed. The numbers aren't there - Corbyn needs (I think it is) 2/3 of parliament to vote against Boris.

I can't see Corbyn winning especially when a fair chunk of his own party wont back him.
Seems to me that, in the event of Boris calling a GE before Brexit occurs, Nigel will have the whip hand and is likely to score highly in such an election.

Sadly, Nigel would probably defeat the Tories, in whatever seats, but Neither Nigel nor Boris, working separately, would be likely to have enough voters to finish the job.

As others have said, I will only vote Tory if we are OUT. There will be many others with the same view.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Seems to me that, in the event of Boris calling a GE before Brexit occurs, Nigel will have the whip hand and is likely to score highly in such an election.

Sadly, Nigel would probably defeat the Tories, in whatever seats, but Neither Nigel nor Boris, working separately, would be likely to have enough voters to finish the job.

As others have said, I will only vote Tory if we are OUT. There will be many others with the same view.
Your spot on Ted - an election before we leave and the Brexit party would clean up. An election after we leave and the tories will clean up
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 04:17 PM

What else did you think was going to happen for Allah’s sake?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:10 PM

that's rather an ambiguous answer Purwell. What question or statement are you referring to?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
A large part of my PTSD is down to the aftermath of dealing with your gutless refusal to prevent the slaughter of innocents.

Mass graves of innocent women and kids are not a nice thing to deal with.

I would have stood and fought, a dad thing.

I would not have stood aside and let it happen.

You are in no position to lecture us.
You observed what was happening? Why didn't you intervene? Or is that the reason of your ptsd?

If you are so well informed, than you are aware of recent rulings on that case?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Likewise Ted, l had allready made up my mind on that but
it is nice to hear bSGs and Breads and your own analysis
of what is going on, which totally confirm my own opinions
but with more depth involved!
My vstrategy now is, Boris for now, Nigel as backstop??

Regards Donkeyman!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I truly hope that is their position, Meg. I appreciate a GE in October has been put forward as 1 of 5 plans of action, so I hope it is indeed just a diversional tactic to frustrate opposition Remain MP's, and the EU before 31st October.
Surely an election on Nov 1st or 7th is the best option for a GE???
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What else did you think was going to happen for Allah’s sake?

Don't you mean 'for Allah's (PBUH) sake' ?

Btw, I didn't think muslims were allowed to drink sake, lol!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Your spot on Ted - an election before we leave and the Brexit party would clean up. An election after we leave and the tories will clean up
I completely agree about the futility of Boris calling a GE before he achieves Brexit.

Brexiteers will not be sure as to whom best to vote for and, inevitably, the leave vote will be split. Just what the remoaners want!

I don't agree that an election before we leave will result in the Brexit Party cleaning up as some will trust Boris and others will not. That would be a great mistake for Boris to make.

Like others, I support Boris now as he is doing all the right things that Treason May failed to do for three years. If he achieves a Brexit without any compromise as he has promised to do, he will have my vote.

If he does not, then my vote will go to Nigel Farage's Brexit Party and the Conservative Party will become unelectable perhaps for many years.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree about the futility of Boris calling a GE before he achieves Brexit.

Brexiteers will not be sure as to whom best to vote for and, inevitably, the leave vote will be split. Just what the remoaners want!

I don't agree that an election before we leave will result in the Brexit Party cleaning up as some will trust Boris and others will not. That would be a great mistake for Boris to make.

Like others, I support Boris now as he is doing all the right things that Treason May failed to do for three years. If he achieves a Brexit without any compromise as he has promised to do, he will have my vote.

If he does not, then my vote will go to Nigel Farage's Brexit Party and the Conservative Party will become unelectable perhaps for many years.
Nigel says: go boris! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49482032

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top