Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Faggots win hands down and the eating kind even managed to get a mention in print no less in 1851 when someone realized how good they were especially with onion gravy so decided to spread the news on just how good old tasty common food was.

And evvvverrrrryyyy body knows mushy peas grow on mushy pea bushes which are closely guarded by every true Lancastrian who would never divulge the origins.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 04:06 PM

Batchelors wonderful beans are still my favourite beans.
Never had a faggot, I don’t believe we do them over here, the wife eats all sorts of insides of things, livers, hearts, kidneys and stuff like that, Yuk! agus yuk yuk yuk aris.
Stan Laurel was asked in school what a gizzard was, “”It’s the inside of a Lizard”
I still miss the simple potato cakes me granny used to make, and although the wife has tried many times to make them for me (she’s an excellent cook herself and I’d take nothing away from her in that respect) but they never taste the same, she even used homemade country butter on top of them when served, they are lovely but not the same if you know what I mean, I think it could be because the potatoes are different today and when the granny made them on a Monday they were the left over potatoes from the Sunday dinner, then again it could be all in the mind.

I got stung by a bloody wasp in the potting shed early this morning, when I opened the plastic door it made a dash for the opening but I was in the way so the little bugger landed on me nose and injected me, very painful it was too, I put some TCP on it and it’s not so painful now but it’s swollen up at the tip, I feel like a rhino and the wife keeps laughing everytime she looks at me, I think I’ll give the pub a miss tonight, the slagging would be too much to take in my weak state, God if ever a man suffered.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 11:56 AM

Love potato cakes . Declining tastebuds play terrible tricks on our memories of past foods but I agree that spuds definitely are not what they were..no doubt cos of all the chemicals they use to force the growing is spoiling the flavour

Awful isn't it when someones painful encounter only results in a fit of hilarity...but it's the way of us humans cos whilst I was thinking "poor you" I was almost crying with laughter at how your nose must look. It's a sad thing when a wasp interferes with a man's drinking time...but as a nature lover I have to ask..."Did the wasp survive"

Only been stung once and that was because the pillock I was with wouldnt leave well alone. Instead of staying still, a killer swipe was made, missing the wasp and blowing it at great speed into the corner of my eye. As you know now wasps are not that fussy who they sting..or where....so on landing this wasp must have thought what the heck this is a good as place as any to let you know how I feel about being clouted across the universe and did so. I was lucky not to lose my sight but looking like a real fright for days any sympathy took second place to laughter.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 09:42 PM

Oh God! a sting in the eye is bad Solo you were lucky your sight in it wasn't lost, very nasty. My nose swelling is down a lot today.

My son made me laugh when he called in to us today, we were having a cup of coffee together and he was telling me that he is on a forum for tech heads, it seems this younger woman on the forum keeps sending him unwanted PM’s, he’s a very happily married man and a bit on the side is the last thing on his mind right now, anyway this woman posted a thread entitled “Whats your best form of relaxation?” He’s 50 now and this is what he posted.
“The most relaxing thing for me is when I come in from work and after I have my dinner, I take off my wig, take out my false teeth and glass eye, hang up my wooden leg, slip into my wheelchair and have a cigar and a glass of port, nothing like it”
The PM’s came to an abrupt stop.

I was thinking about the old film I watched the other night “The Three Faces of Eve” very enjoyable, but what a terrible thing to suffer from, three persons in the one body.

This might be a bit cryptic.
I remember that sad day back in 1998 when my older brother was diagnosed with Duel Personality disorder, he was beside himself with grief.
solo
UK

05-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Good for your son handling unwanted PM's with humour. Never having met it amounts to someone falling for another posters use of font or apostrophe which is something I fail completely to understand never mind putting a married man on the spot. Love at first font sounds a bit odd dont you think

You maybe attracted to someones looks, charm, dimples, voice, manerisms ect and for that you need sight and sound not the size of someones font or if you are attracted to rogues how they use their commas. The mind boggles it really does at some of the goings on these days.

Having watched The Three faces of Eve film (a true story) I was surprised when Dr Luther reminds her of having to kiss her dead grandmother at the age of 6 as was the custom, because it also reminded me that I was forced to do the same with a loved one. I have never attended a funeral because of that and it only cost me the price of a ticket to realise why. Somethings you don't forget

Mind you like any women I wouldn't mind a couple of faces to choose from for a change

A warning to all flashy font users

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 11:25 AM

And a couple of robust facets?
solo
UK

05-09-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And a couple of robust facets?
Be careful there spitty there are some that would go weak at the knees by words like that
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Felt a bit sad today, been remembering the tropical fish we used to keep, my favourite was Rachael the Rainbow fish, I would press my nose up against the aquarium glass and, Rachael would glide over with grace and panache, and stare at me, with those "Guppy Eyes".
solo
UK

05-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Felt a bit sad today, been remembering the tropical fish we used to keep, my favourite was Rachael the Rainbow fish, I would press my nose up against the aquarium glass and, Rachael would glide over with grace and panache, and stare at me, with those "Guppy Eyes".
Know how you feel...spent the best part of this week hunting down a T5 light for my aquarium because one of my fish swims upside down without his float and the little fella is scared of the dark as he has as you can imagine no panache or grace...just wobbles everywhere. Kissing him goodnight (through the glass) is a bit hit and miss I can tell you.

You may think I am joking but I am not

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-09-2019, 09:32 PM

I suppose the way some forum women look at it is “If you have it why not font it”
Quite a few ads for Russian ladies seeking partners appear on my screen from time to time, big busty ladies, hoping all the young men (and not so young rich men) will head for their particular Russian front.

The Son had a goldfish for a long time many years ago, if my memory serves me right it turned grey a year or so before it died.

We had to look at dead relations when we were kids too, a terrible cruel thing to do I thought at the time and still do, no one should be forced to look at the dead if they don’t want to, we’ll all be dead a long time, no point of reminding kids about it, let them live in their own happy fantasy land, it’s such a short time then who knows what they’ll have to face in adult life.

When Grandad died he lay on a slab
In a dark brown habit that looked very drab
Rosary beads clasped in his lily white fingers
And all around the mortuary the stench of death lingers.
Yes I remember it well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top