Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:55 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Its good to bury hatchets, so, future generations can find them, and wonder.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:27 PM

Whenever I see this burying the hatchest malarkey I always think of the Shining and then all those westerns where the poor old trusting tribes get together to 'bury the hatchet' with the white man.

What a rip off that always was as there was no intention of any kind of Kemosabeing or burying anything. We watchers knew that and there would be silence as we waited knowing the consequences of not being able to chuck an axe at your enemy. Lesson learned there.

With the Shining another lesson learned was axe vs door. Axe wins

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its good to bury hatchets, so, future generations can find them, and wonder.
I very seldom have an axe to grind with anyone, anyway the first cut is the deepest, once you get over that you are easily mended, to be blunt, buried hatchets are like dead men, they tell no tales.
On the other hand, skeletons in the closet can be very useful, as the editor of that 1930’s monthly scandal rag “Out with it” said “If you have any skeletons in your closet you may as well make them dance for you, we pay well for the best stories”
He was never short of scandalous material either, there was mass eviction of skeletons, butlers, chauffeurs, maids, cooks, and relatives of the rich and famous were lining up outside his office clutching large envelopes containing incriminating photo’s and documents of every description close to their chests, sort of like the Antique Roadshow on a fine day, all wondering that important question “What’s it worth”
Of course that was during the great depression, when folks would sell their grandma’s winter drawers for a crust of bread, or so a very old lad from New York was telling me.

“To err is human, to forgive, divine” Alexander Pope.
Yes Alex old boy, it’s good to forgive.

I see a thread entitled “Yellowhammer Released” I didn’t even know he was in jail, why can’t they just leave the poor old native American chief alone.

I’ve always been a fan of Brenda Lee, this is one of my favourites.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:29 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

12-09-2019, 10:32 PM

Songs in their purest form, precious.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Songs in their purest form, precious.
Beautiful song. Sunshine on Leith proved what good voices they have. Thanks
solo
UK

13-09-2019, 11:55 AM

Friday 13th...now I'm not superstititous ...but I am a little stitious so when I read this in Live Science even though you knew this was coming when you actually see it.... it's all bit spooky especially watching the art ones talking...and all from a photo.

Imagine getting a card in the future that moves and chats to you just like in Harry Potter. Good job we are forewarned as us oldies would probably curl up and corrrode on the spot in shock

https://www.livescience.com/65573-mo...deepfakes.html

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-09-2019, 12:07 PM

You have to look back to find what the future holds, I'm still confused what happened mid 80s, did I lose my Beer Goggles or were they confiscated?
solo
UK

14-09-2019, 10:26 AM

You have to look back to find what the future holds, I'm still confused what happened mid 80s, did I lose my Beer Goggles or were they confiscated?

Some people like Beer Goggles....I prefer Wine glasses
solo
UK

14-09-2019, 10:28 AM

You have to look back to find what the future holds. Hmmmmm.

Looking back... after having tore the house apart looking for something you had lost you were always told to " Look down the back of the sofa" and hey presto sure enough it would be there..even if it meant you suffered mortal injury getting it back. Those old sofas were lethal in more ways than one.

How it got swallowed by a sofa was one of lifes mysteries but now they make sofas much more user friendly and lost bits can be recoverd without loss of limb or life.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top