Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: Students indoctrinated with Anti-Brexit ideas?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Property prices are down to Thatcher's policies in the 80s. That combined with tax incentives for buy to let.
Wrong.............Prices are due to supply and demand and not enough houses are being built..............that and an extra 5 million immigrants putting pressure into the system.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
This young one came to conclusions without teacher's influence. Bright young lady. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8694866.html
" I started off thinking maybe this A'Level would give me more of a voice"

What bollox is that!

As a father of a 20 yr old and a 22yr old I can promise you that over past 5 years I have seen my daughters change into mature , rational and refreshingly free thinking young women.

When they were in the school system they were like little speaking robots regurgitating all the fear mongering and propoganda the schools were pumping in to them.

Slowly and surely, real life and experience is giving them an honest and balanced view of life and the world around them. Their innate intelligence has allowed them to filter out the false and trauma inducing crap the schools seem determined to pollute their minds with.

I think a lot of teenagers are suffering a form of PTSD and that's why they do not deserve any influence in the world of politics.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Do not underestimate our youngsters, they are not that stupid and are a feisty bunch.

When I was at school disagreeing with a Teacher was an absolute No No.

It is very different now.
That probably accounts for the lack of discipline in
POSHOC Swimmy? And the general attitude of me me me
visible nowadays?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
" I started off thinking maybe this A'Level would give me more of a voice"

What bollox is that!

As a father of a 20 yr old and a 22yr old I can promise you that over past 5 years I have seen my daughters change into mature , rational and refreshingly free thinking young women.

When they were in the school system they were like little speaking robots regurgitating all the fear mongering and propoganda the schools were pumping in to them.

Slowly and surely, real life and experience is giving them an honest and balanced view of life and the world around them. Their innate intelligence has allowed them to filter out the false and trauma inducing crap the schools seem determined to pollute their minds with.

I think a lot of teenagers are suffering a form of PTSD and that's why they do not deserve any influence in the world of politics.

Spot on Moscow? That Swinson woman is a prime example
of what you say! Strident, self obsessed, lack of logic, etc, etc
She has it all, and its all based on her personal fears?
Good post by you!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Wrong.............Prices are due to supply and demand and not enough houses are being built..............that and an extra 5 million immigrants putting pressure into the system.
Yes l agree Moscow, but AnnieS does have a point imo?
Thatcher effectively destroyed about 80% of council house
stock by selling that stock off and didnt replace that stock!
Thus depriving future generations of a supply of good quality
affordable accommodation?
This holds true to this day
Regards Donkeyman!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:22 AM

Mrs Thatcher did not sell the council house stock,,the councils did,and they never replaced the stock.she just gave people the right to buy there council houses.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Just going back to the thread topic. Teachers have always been politically biased and opinionated. I have friends and family and extended family of friends who are teachers. They all hold strong beliefs both left and right wing. No doubt different views will come out in a classroom.

If you study economics or finance then leaving a trading block after nearly fifty years is a bad idea and I don't see why teachers should lie about that. I don't think most people here voted for brexit on the basis of economic growth or efficiency of transactions. Politically leaving an economic block whilst cheesing off allies is not a great idea. Looking back at history a disunited Europe has always ended up in conflict. So it's not surprising with all the different factors that teachers don't see brexit as something positive. Capitalism is dying as we type. So what will replace it and how will brexit help us if we have a whole new world order? I guess teachers are trying to stimulate thinking on the topic and if kids are writing in to papers then their approac AnnieSh is clearly working.

As far as jobs go young people don't have much in the way of prospects because automation is the real threat to their future. People assume the world stands still but it's like a runaway train right now. Sometimes I'm wondering how long we will have the internet. While we focus on brexit the world is doing somersaults and it's nothing to do with our little universe.
Staying in a trading bloc only makes sense if that bloc works
for you AnnieS?
We run a deficit with eu of approx 80 billion and have to pay
a further 15 billion in fees ?
Do you consider this a benefit?
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Staying in a trading bloc only makes sense if that bloc works
for you AnnieS?
We run a deficit with eu of approx 80 billion and have to pay
a further 15 billion in fees ?
Do you consider this a benefit?
Regards Donkeyman!
The EU is in decline, why would anyone want their country controlled by a trading block thats failing ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The EU is in decline, why would anyone want their country controlled by a trading block thats failing ?
Hi

Simple Maths, it is the largest FTA in the World.

Controlled by, No.

An FTA, yes.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
Mrs Thatcher did not sell the council house stock,,the councils did,and they never replaced the stock.she just gave people the right to buy there council houses.
Yes l know Doctor , but Thatcher gave the go ahead for councils
to sell off housing stock ( owned by the state) in order for them
to fund their local services etc without them calling on the
national fiscus for funds! The rest of your post l agree with!
But it was Thatchers penchant for privatisation that drove
what happened!
All a big mistake imo?
Just like her deindustrialisation policy?

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top