Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
PennyW
Chester
PennyW is female  PennyW has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Re: Amanda Knox

I have no doubt in my mind that Amanda Knox was very much involved and has lied ever since. I feel so very sorry for Meredith's family who will never know what happened to their daughter, unless someone's conscience gets the better of them. If you find yourself on an American website there is such a different spin there, she was such a beautiful girl treated so badly by the Italian police etc etc.... admittedly I think the Italians handled it incredibly badly at the start which means it will never be solved satisfactorily.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by PennyW ->
I have no doubt in my mind that Amanda Knox was very much involved and has lied ever since. I feel so very sorry for Meredith's family who will never know what happened to their daughter, unless someone's conscience gets the better of them. If you find yourself on an American website there is such a different spin there, she was such a beautiful girl treated so badly by the Italian police etc etc.... admittedly I think the Italians handled it incredibly badly at the start which means it will never be solved satisfactorily.

I happen to be on a couple of American Forums and you are so right.

Good looking American Girl got away with Murder.

As one poster said on an American Forum Im on GO GO Amanda.

They think its a victory for American
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->

Yes - no surprise there .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->

Yes, that is all so wrong Sue.

I remember someone once saying to me "if you think someone is acting strange or funny, then they are". I believe that so much and from the very start I did not like the way that girl carried on. For me there were bad vibes from the start. The fact that money may be involved is absolutely disgusting.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 11:17 AM

I take a completely different view. The evidence against Knox and Sollecito was so flimsy as to be non-existent. Knox was "interviewed" for hours and hours with no lawyer present and made a "confession" which was so obviously false (the result of bullying/brainwashing) that not a scrap of evidence could be found to support it. The real villain (apart from the murderer Rudy Guede) was the insane Italian prosecutor who was obsessed (and not only in this case) with notions of satanic sexual depravity and who was determined (irrespective of the facts) to pin it on Knox. Unfortunately, Meredith Kercher's family was taken in by this nutter's fantasies, and have clung to the view that Knox was guilty throughout - an evidence-free view!
I don't think that nationality, money or political pressure have been issues here - just evidence and its conspicuous lack.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The evidence against Knox and Sollecito was so flimsy as to be non-existent. Knox was "interviewed" for hours and hours with no lawyer present and made a "confession" which was so obviously false (the result of bullying/brainwashing) that not a scrap of evidence could be found to support it. The real villain (apart from the murderer Rudy Guede) was the insane Italian prosecutor who was obsessed (and not only in this case) with notions of satanic sexual depravity and who was determined (irrespective of the facts) to pin it on Knox. Unfortunately, Meredith Kercher's family was taken in by this nutter's fantasies, and have clung to the view that Knox was guilty throughout - an evidence-free view!
I don't think that nationality, money or political pressure have been issues here - just evidence and its conspicuous lack.
Were you in court to hear all the evidence first hand?...or have you based your view entirely on media reporting?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 06:26 PM

The same as everyone else - on media reporting (serious media, though, not tabloids).
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 06:54 PM

It's that sleekit look. Says it all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I take a completely different view. The evidence against Knox and Sollecito was so flimsy as to be non-existent. Knox was "interviewed" for hours and hours with no lawyer present and made a "confession" which was so obviously false (the result of bullying/brainwashing) that not a scrap of evidence could be found to support it. The real villain (apart from the murderer Rudy Guede) was the insane Italian prosecutor who was obsessed (and not only in this case) with notions of satanic sexual depravity and who was determined (irrespective of the facts) to pin it on Knox. Unfortunately, Meredith Kercher's family was taken in by this nutter's fantasies, and have clung to the view that Knox was guilty throughout - an evidence-free view!
Mick from what I read /heard of the previous trials I agree with you a think the right person was locked up.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 08:16 PM

I have to say I don't know enough about it to have an opinion on this. But there is something about her demeanour that really makes me squirm. That doesn't make her guilty though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top