Join for free
Page 29 of 190 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »
PennyW
Chester
PennyW is female  PennyW has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 11:25 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I've been remiss and not caught up for a couple of weeks, happy hols OGF, we too have not cruised, hubby is not keen (and I can see I would have problems with him being unsociable too, hadn't thought of that, and he hates having to dress up). I look forward to hearing about it in due course. Hope the change to your exercise routine doesn't prove a problem you'll have to do lots of turns around deck, can you still do that? I had some long trips on troop ships as a child....
Off to Crete for two weeks on Tuesday, looking forward to some warm sunshine! Here's to June everyone!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:46 AM

Entry:-280515-The Cruise - Day One
After starting the day with a six mile run, I returned to enjoy a Buffet Breakfast in the hotel, it cost a fiver with no eggs or bacon, just some French pastries called croissants? Anyway, not very filling. There are four of us taking the cruise and repacking all the luggage in the car was like taking part in the Krypton Factor.
Now I’m not too fond of Sat Nav, but the young lady did us proud today by finding the way to the long stay car park, even recalculating our route when the road was closed and we had to make a diversion down some country lanes.
We have passed all the relevant checks and have walked the plank and entered the ship. It’s awesome, about the same size as Sheffield, rooms not ready yet so have been sent to the restaurant for lunch. I will spend the rest of the cruise here!

It is quite Expensive to post so I will just try and keep it to a minimum,miss you all already, have a great time in Crete Penny.

First glimpse of the ship....

The Cabin...

Goodbye Southampton - the champagne party....fiver a glass....

I'm sorry if I don't answer any replies, internet is so slooooow on here, I will get back to you when we return.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 09:47 AM

It all looks very nice Bob are you going to having your daily run on the ship
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 01:30 PM

The Cruise – Day Two.
The Ventura is a beautiful ship, plenty to do on those days when we are at sea. We left Southampton around 4:30pm and after celebrating its departure from port we dressed for the evening meal. Just casual dress tonight, it will give us time to iron all the creases out of the posh stuff. The meal was delicious with things I can’t even pronounce, but tasty all the same. [You can take the bloke out of Yorkshire, but you can’t take Yorkshire out of the bloke].
There were stirrings around 4:30 this morning as we entered open sea around the Bay of Biscay, the wife has not found her sea legs yet as we hit some swell, and had to force herself down to breakfast, the other lady in our party decided to cancel Friday and stayed in bed. It’s windy and overcast at the moment, but the sea is not what you would call rough [although my O/H might give you an argument] I think a sailor would refer to it as ‘A Swell’ and its quite difficult to walk a straight line.
Just visited the Gym to see if I can make sense of the running machines, and I’m glad to say it will be business as usual on Sunday morning. There is also a very well stocked art gallery on board, and my friend, who actually is an artist had to be subdued in order to remove him. Well its getting past my lunch time.
It’s black tie night tonight, so its best behaviour. Off to give wife a wake up call now to see if she wants any lunch…..should be interesting….bye for now….
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-05-2015, 03:20 PM

Did I mention the Ventura carries three thousand passengers, and they all decided to have breakfast at the same time as us. The Holy Grail would have been easier to find than an unoccupied table……The food is glorious, if you can find somewhere to eat it.

As we left Southampton the Cunard ship Queen Victoria followed us out to sea, the picture is a bit fuzzy because she was so faraway and my camera doesn't zoom in very well.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-05-2015, 04:46 PM

The Cruise – Day Three – Saturday
After cruising through the night we arrived at Vigo in northern Spain at 9:00am. I visited the Gym first thing and did a hard five minutes on the exercise bike, followed by a healthy, Sausage, Egg, Bacon and Tomato breakfast….
We left the ship and climbed to the highest point, a ruined fort. As we ascended the steep steps another large vessel steamed into the extremely large natural harbour and tied up beside the Ventura.
I hadn’t realised how beautiful Vigo was, and it looked even better under the clear blue skies and comfortable 24 degrees C. We decided to return to the ship for lunch, but so did everyone else, and we had to queue for an hour to board. [Won’t fall for that one again]
After lunch we sunbathed on the deck while the ship was cast free, and at 4:30pm it sailed out into the bay and on towards the next destination – Lisbon.

The Ventura.

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Its lovely to read all about your travels Bob, you sound to be having a fab time.

The cruise ships are so big and luxurious aren't they, and the staff, mostly Filipino on our cruise, work very very hard to make the cruise experience a good one. It helps if the weather's good too. Wet here yesterday but sunny and warm today.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 06:23 PM

Your cruise looks fantastic Bob, hope your wife is feeling better now that the weather is better and the sea will be less rough.
Will enjoy hearing about the rest of the trip.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 07:09 PM

You are a lucky man Bob it looks great...
Don't you go eating too much on that cruise, I have heard all about them
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Looks great Robert (sorry, I find it difficult to call you Bob. I don't like shortening names). You will have a ball. I can't get over the size of those cruise ships. Massive. Your cabin looks so nice. Enjoy every minute.

Page 29 of 190 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top