Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 05:28 PM

'Bonkers' police drop the word Christmas from poster to avoid upsetting other faiths

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-faiths.html

ridiculous what do you guys think
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Re: 'Bonkers' police drop the word Christmas from poster to avoid upsetting other faiths

Yes, I think the Daily Mail is a ridiculous alleged newspaper.

It spends so much of its time busily pouring petrol on pathetic embers and will no doubt throw up its hands in mock horror and suprise when flames appear.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Re: 'Bonkers' police drop the word Christmas from poster to avoid upsetting other faiths

I agree with Dm - I think the dailyhate is such a pathetic little rag!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Whatever next!!!!!!
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 07:12 PM

This sort of PC rubbish has surely got to stop, and soon.
This cannot be blamed entirely on the Daily Mail, they are all the same, making the news, not reporting it.
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Yes I agree with Nippy. Daily mail or not all this P/C has to stop. I was looking at Christmas cakes at Tesco and there's always been a "Merry Christmas" banner with a robin or tree on the icing. This year? They came under "Celebration cakes" with nothing on them,just plain icing. So now we can't have the traditional Christmas Cake due to PC.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:46 PM

I think PC has been taken too far-in an ideal world we should all respect each others beliefs no matter what they are, but this is not an ideal world and until those who think 'they know best' and keep creating these situations, it will keep happening. If I respect other people's beliefs, then I expect them to respect mine.....unfortunately it doesn't always work that way.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 10:40 PM

I agree. My religion is my business and not shared in great numbers but it's my choice. By the same token, I accept the majority have different beliefs to mine but I am certainly not offended by being surrounded by symbols of something I choose not to follow... why would I?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 12:12 PM

As Azz and others have said the Daily Mail is a rubbish newspaper, but no one can deny that the fact the BTP changed their posters for no real reason at all except that Alison LOCK (Who has now jetted off to Canada) decided that she would be the judge and jury on an issue which to 'normal' people would never even arise. Who the hell does she think she is

Did anyone notice that there were several comments on the story from people living in Moslem countries who all said that wishing someone Merry Christmas was quite acceptable. I've lived in Saudi Arabia and always my Moslem work colleagues would wish me a Merry Christmas.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Do Muslims not celebrate Christmas then? Since Jesus is one of their Prophets I`d have thought they would - in their own way?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top