Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Foolproof Microwave Poached Egg.

Absolutely useless at poaching eggs but followed this recipe this morning as HWMO had gone out so having breakfast on my own. It came out exactly as the video shows, Just left it in the hot water whilst I did my slice of toast (but slathered it with butter rather than dry toast)

All for anything that makes life easier. :lol

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:34 PM

Re: Foolproof Microwave Poached Egg.

I will be trying that tomorrow .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:40 PM

That's interesting although I no longer have a microwave. I used to have my own method which was to put one whisked egg in a mug, slap it in the microwave for about ten seconds or until the first or second 'pop'. If the egg hasn't exploded everywhere then it is ready and because it is round, it fits straight into a roll.

Definitely no foolproof though.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:10 PM

I make these often, and there is something very important missing!

Be sure to add about a tablespoon of vinegar to the water, or the egg usually won't hold together. More, be sure to heat the water with the vinegar before adding the egg - about 30 seconds so the egg will stay together when it's added to the water. Not using vinegar will often result in cloudy egg soup rather than a poached egg.

Next drop the egg into the water/vinegar and cook for another 25-30 seconds or so. It takes a little trial and error, based on your microwave's power, to get the time adjusted to your preferred yolk consistency.

Remove the egg with a slotted spoon.

Truth: I don't care for eggs but my kids do.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:26 PM

That's basically the way I do it but I don't bother with bowls, just break the egg into a cup half filled with cold water and then into the microwave for about 1 minute. So far the yolk hasn't exploded.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:45 PM

I'm not sure I could be bothered with measuring bowls, and vinegar etc.

I just boil water in my old egg saucepan, swirl the water into a whirlpool, drop the egg in, time 2minutes and that's it!
Remove with a slatted spoon so any frilly bits drop off and plonk onto buttered (lots!) toast.
Then do another one, one's never enough!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:49 PM

a fried egg tastes better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
That's basically the way I do it but I don't bother with bowls, just break the egg into a cup half filled with cold water and then into the microwave for about 1 minute. So far the yolk hasn't exploded.
Ah, so I was almost there, just needed to add the water.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-05-2019, 05:56 PM

I noticed on an American TV series that someone made scrambled eggs in a frying pan. Is this a good way to make it without the messy saucepan?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I noticed on an American TV series that someone made scrambled eggs in a frying pan. Is this a good way to make it without the messy saucepan?
Much easier. Non-stick frying pan with melted butter, yum!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top