Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: Printers - being silly!

After all this time - I have received the following email from Epson support!!

Dear G,

Thank you for contacting Epson UK.
In order to assist you further, we will need to collect more information regarding your issue. The details we require from you are as follows:
• Have you done any head cleaning?
• Please send us a copy of the nozzle check pattern by turning on the printer while holding down the red/cancel button.
• Where did you purchase the unit?

Upon receipt of all this information we will be in a better position to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

They had all of that in my first email to them! It is so frustrating.

Omar - I did try that 'chat' thing - they just referred me to the Technical Support Team.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:37 AM

Sent them all the information - again!

Received this email this morning!

Dear G,

Thank you for your email.

How many head cleaning have you done? We suggest to do the complete cleaning cycle which is as follow.

- 2 head cleaning, 1 nozzle check
- Repeat the step above
- Let the printer rest for at least 6 hours with the printer turned off
- Do another 2 head cleaning and 1 nozzle check

Once you have completed the cleaning cycle and the problem persist, you can take the printer to any of the service centres listed below along with your proof of purchase.

Advance Computer Systems
1 Audax Close
YO30 4RA
York
Telephone: 01904691311

Jennings Computer Services Ltd York
3 Evans Business Centre
YO26 6RR
York
https://www.jcsltd.co.uk/
Telephone: 01904 796 580

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Epson Customer Inter@ction Centre and we will endeavour to resolve any further queries you may have.

Kind regards,
Epson have just lost a customer!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

07-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Duplicate post - deleted
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:05 AM

If you have given up on Epson, I'll say that I did that some time ago. I think they are OK if printing on a regular basis. This gives a regular flow of ink through the print heads, which stops the ink from drying out and clogging.

I only need to print occasionally and found I'd use more ink on cleaning cycles than was used for printing. Even then, the print heads often needed more than one cycle to get the colours to print correctly.

I've settled on an HP now. It's only a cheap one but I've had it for ages and it always prints properly on the infrequent occasions that I need to print something out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If you have given up on Epson, I'll say that I did that some time ago. I think they are OK if printing on a regular basis. This gives a regular flow of ink through the print heads, which stops the ink from drying out and clogging.

I only need to print occasionally and found I'd use more ink on cleaning cycles than was used for printing. Even then, the print heads often needed more than one cycle to get the colours to print correctly.

I've settled on an HP now. It's only a cheap one but I've had it for ages and it always prints properly on the infrequent occasions that I need to print something out.
I had a great HP printer which worked with no problem for about ten years until it finally gave up. now I have an Epson printer which just about manages to print what I need and is constantly ''updating'' with what I don't know.. HP printers are definitely best.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Epson have just lost a customer!
Sometimes, moving on is the only solution .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:51 AM

I was an HP customer for years, until the company updated their printer firmware to reject compatible cartridges - I stood the cost of HP cartridges for a few months, hoping that the compatible ink suppliers would circumvent the problem but, when they didn't, then I switched to Epson.

I use my Epson XP-442 a lot, probably using a ream of paper a fortnight - it's never let me down and the compatible inks seem to last forever.

Although HP eventually relented and permitted compatible cartridges, I had to get rid of my HP 5520, which seemed to have got "screwed up" during continual cartridge "swaps" but I kept my older HP B209a as a backup (print quality is excellent for "formal" documents).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:00 AM

I am very happy with my Fuji Xerox Docuprint CP305D Colour Laser network printer. It is cheap to run I think I paid about $200 (not sure exactly) for it when new & I use generic cartridges which are cheap as chips and last for ages. The only negative is that it is bigger than an inkjet

Inkjets are really cumbersome and slow in comparison really happy to throw them in the bin. Very happy with it. If you are looking for a new printer consider a laser printer. BTW I had a Brother Laser printer before this one and it was good too.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:36 AM

I only use the HP all-in-one printer for documents, sometimes scanning and copying. I don't do that very often these days and so I always buy HP cartridges. They last for ages with the minimal use they get, so the cost isn't much of an issue.

Mrs mart like to print photos in postcard size, mostly from her camera. We use a Dye-Sublimation printer for this. Photos don't fade as they can with inkjet prints and the quality is excellent. Far better than photos we've printed with any inkjet printer we've owned.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I only use the HP all-in-one printer for documents, sometimes scanning and copying. I don't do that very often these days and so I always buy HP cartridges. They last for ages with the minimal use they get, so the cost isn't much of an issue.
For me, price is definitely an issue .....

For my B209a:

HP 364XL High Yield Original Ink Cartridges, Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, Pack of 4
by HP

RRP: £73.32

Amazon Price: £64.07 & FREE Delivery in the UK.

HP 364XL Compatible Ink Multi-pack contains 1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta and 1 Yellow compatible non-oem cartridges.

The 364XL black is filled to 24ml printing approx. 735 pages at 5% average coverage. Each colour is filled to 15ml printing approx. 1875 pages individually at 5% average coverage.

That's TRIPLE the capacity of the standard and over DOUBLE the XL original fills of the original ink cartridges.

Internet-Ink Price: £13.99 & FREE 1st Class Delivery in the UK

That's nearly £60 saving on RRP .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top