Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 06:11 AM

The New Rules.

Hi

Patel has announced the new rules for EU Immigration.

It stops on 31st October, unfortunately we do not have the systems in place to do that.

They are brutal.

They have simply not been thought out.

I have two Polish Lodgers, been here for years.

They have an Industrial Unit on Wem Industrial Estate.

They pay full Business rates and Rent for 12 Months every year.

They are both registered for Tax and VAT here in the UK

They live here for 6 Months and I day every year.

The rent they pay, plus Income Tax and Vat is over £50k a year,

They have been refused.

Work that one out, it is just stupid.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 08:20 AM

Re: The New Rules.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It stops on 31st October, unfortunately we do not have the systems in place to do that.

They are brutal.

They have been refused.

If they're doing that well..........and profits on top of those outgoings, you would think they would have bought a property , not lodged with you!!!

That's my first thought!...........Owning a property is better proof of permanent residency, is it not ?

Permanent residence is applicable to those EU, EAA and Swiss residents who have been here for two years...............If they keep disappearing to Poland for six months they are not permanent residents...............

Application rightly refused for taking the piss and playing the system.

I'm sure the UK will cope just fine without them.

Anyway, Poland is on the up!

They need their brightest and best to return.

Living in Poland won't top them returning to the UK, with the correct visas, to continue their lucrative business here.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:17 AM

My American friends had to pay over £5k to be uk residents. They had to sit exams and all sorts of stuff.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:45 AM

We seem to be very selective with the wrong people....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:47 AM

Hi

You miss the point.

They are business people, they do not need a house here, they have properties in Poland.

The point is that we lose out on that amount of Tax.

It is a stupid own goal.

In Agriculture, we rely on seasonal Workers, Sheep Shearing is one such, no permanent jobs, but essential.

Our Government has simply not thought this through.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 09:56 AM

It would better if 'they' stopped all immigration and made the idle dolites and benefit scroungers earn their keep for a change!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:04 AM

My son and D-in- L need a huge amount of money in the banks. He has to have a job earning £30,000 a year before they can live over here because she is Bazilian. Oh I forgot to mention they already own a house worth well over £200,000 and let out but that doesn't count. Although she is a Brazilian qualified vet with her own practise we don't recognise her qualifications and she has to sit exams to be able to work over here
He has a degree in business management and now another a first in
psychology now going for his masters degree. he also is a qualified English teacher in Brazil.

With all that they still cannot come over until he has a job earning that amount

Talk about allowing/ wanting qualified people into this country even if he English is a load of old crap
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-08-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It would better if 'they' stopped all immigration and made the idle dolites and benefit scroungers earn their keep for a change!
Hi

We do not train our own.

We now charge Nurses for training, which they cannot afford.

The system needs to be changed.

The highly trained Nurse Practitioners when I went in where Australian and Romanian.

The Aussie had come here because she married a British Doctor.

Not a single UK Consultant, but all the cleaners where UK Born.

We have got things wrong.

You train your own, so they earn more and import the lower paid.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They are brutal.

They have been refused.

OK! Contact her or your MP explain the situation, just possible that some details may have been overlooked by civil servants, no harm in trying. Not criticising, that is what I would do to support them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
My American friends had to pay over £5k to be uk residents. They had to sit exams and all sorts of stuff.
Same with my brother's Russian fiancee, a Music Teacher at an Academy in St Petersburg.(and formerly my penpal before she was introduced to my brother!)

She currently holds a Russian passport as well as an EU passport, due to her many trips with the Academy Orchestra visiting other European countries. But this does not cover the UK obviously.

So far, planning to marry, and applying under a spouse visa, they have paid thousands of pounds , with her having to travel hundreds of miles on two separate occasions back home to have medical examinations.
Then she had to travel again to Moscow to take exams in English language and knowledge of England, go through a daunting personal interview with an English Embassy official to ensure she was able to converse easily in English, understand the questions he was asking in English and have a good general knowledge of the UK and our way of life, and finally the form ticking exam with 30 questions on Britain plus illustrations where she had to mark what was wrong with each British situation in the pictures shown.
Thankfully, she passed with flying colours, but that was the easiest part.

Next, she had to provide evidence that she was able to support herself over in the UK. Her bank account was asked for so they could see she was able to support herself over here.(Fortunately, she and her family also have a successful property business so she is classed as a wealthy woman in her own right according to Russian standards.

All of the above procedures were carried out at the offices of a British Embassy This has been going on for several months and still continues. Along with this extremely strict procedure, (it is Russia and the UK after all) there are large payments each time she needs her temporary visa processed, being paid to official offices in Russia who deal with the Visa application side of everything for her between the Russian authorities and the British Authorities. If she didn't do it this way, she would be waiting forever each time for her temporary visa to even be processed. Nothing is cheap over there.

But with regard to her permanent application to live here as a spouse, they are doing everything legal and strictly by the book, even though it seems to be an endless task.

Also, when she first came over to the UK each time on a 6 month visa (and returned on the allotted date each time) she is now trusted to travel to the UK as many times as she wishes on a 12-month visa. Before that, when they wanted to see each other, they were both having to travel to European countries such as Germany, Venice, Italy, Czech Republic etc as there are no restrictions with her EU passport.

It is an uphilll struggle though, but hopefully, they will get there eventually.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top