Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Lord Wolfsons Excellent Article in the MoS Yesterday

in case you didn't read the MoS yesterday, here is Lord Wolfsons brilliant article on our no-deal Brexit. It includes some useful information on the work done so far and how a lot of the issues regularly brought up by the remainers are being solved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...al-Brexit.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:29 PM

Re: Lord Wolfsons Excellent Article in the MoS Yesterday

Hi

There is no doubt that Boris is doing as much as he can.

I still believe he is faced with an impossible task as May deliberately sabotaged No Deal preparations.

I do not believe the prophets of doom that it will be a meltdown, neither do I believe it will be as easy as Boris says.

If we had dumped May a year ago and Boris had taken charge then, he would have had a very good chance of delivering a Brexit with minimal disruption.

Such is life, the important thing is that we leave.

The rest we can sort out later.

I am not panicking or stockpiling, except for two things.

Alcohol and tobacco.

Brexit means no more vast amounts to import, just the basic 200 cigarettes and a bottle of spirits.

Yes, I have started smoking again.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Yes, read his article already Bread. excellent. It's not surprising that Brexit is winning more and more former brexit sceptics over now the prophets of doom Project Fear instigators have been found wanting.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, read his article already Bread. excellent. It's not surprising that Brexit is winning more and more former brexit sceptics over now the prophets of doom Project Fear instigators have been found wanting.

Shows project fear is a busted flush
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:30 PM

I heard Lord Wolfson on the radio recently and he said pretty much the same things as those mentioned in the article.
It's good to hear another businessman speaking out about the opportunities presented to the UK once we are free of the shackles of the EU .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I heard Lord Wolfson on the radio recently and he said pretty much the same things as those mentioned in the article.
It's good to hear another businessman speaking out about the opportunities presented to the UK once we are free of the shackles of the EU .
He is talking about the opportunities for rich businessmen to get even richer. He is absolutely not concerned with the existence of common people.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He is talking about the opportunities for rich businessmen to get even richer. He is absolutely not concerned with the existence of common people.
Are you not aware that if rich business men didn't need workers, more common people would be unemployed?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Are you not aware that if rich business men didn't need workers, more common people would be unemployed?
Yes, and under EU regulations they have to pay at least minimum wages. Something that will rapidly be abolished after brexit. Didn't you know
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And the Elite Establishment of the UK and the EU are????

How you had the gall to type that, astounds me.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
in case you didn't read the MoS yesterday, here is Lord Wolfsons brilliant article on our no-deal Brexit. It includes some useful information on the work done so far and how a lot of the issues regularly brought up by the remainers are being solved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...al-Brexit.html
A common sense approach as I see it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top