Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 08:38 AM

Re: Lord Wolfsons Excellent Article in the MoS Yesterday

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The opportunity to earn or collectively bargain for decent wages was lost the minute the EU allowed Free Movement of Eastern/Southern European dole queues.

The minimum wage is a sticking plaster over an amputation.......Don't YOU know ???
As you seem to know you must mean those hard working people who travelled herd to do the jobs that the locals either did not want of were too lazy or lacked the skills to do and fuelled our booming economy?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
As a brexiteer he is pretty much alone in that view among the major retailers

But he is CEO of Next which has problems with falling profits as it is struggling to compete with the likes of Zara and H&M both of which think Brexit will make them more expensive and therefore less competitive.
Their clothes are made in India and China and they have stores throughout the EU and other countries.. If their profits are struggling its more likely because of super cheap imports by the supermarkets that sell them at a loss.

Nothing to do with the EU
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you believe that, why are you so desperate to keep the UK in the EU, when you are assured of getting an adequate wage?
Could it be because your wife has not yet gained a European citizenship and you feel she would have more chance in Britain?
Aha!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 11:01 AM

If you believe that, why are you so desperate to keep the UK in the EU, when you are assured of getting an adequate wage?
Could it be because your wife has not yet gained a European citizenship and you feel she would have more chance in Britain?
Wrong, I want you out, because that was your democratic choice. I still think it is stupid to do so, but the brits are not renowned for their intelligence but for their stubborness.
My wife was born in the netherlands, just like her father. She feels a bond with britain because her father fought in the RAF. And way back there is scots blood in her veins. But as the scots say, one drop is enough.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wrong, I want you out, because that was your democratic choice. I still think it is stupid to do so, but the brits are not renowned for their intelligence but for their stubborness.
My wife was born in the netherlands, just like her father. She feels a bond with britain because her father fought in the RAF. And way back there is scots blood in her veins. But as the scots say, one drop is enough.

Well don't worry, I am sure that leaving the EU will not prevent her visiting the UK when we leave.

I think it was British intelligence that put us on the winning side in in both world wars, but god help the EU now Germany has welcomed so many illegal immigrants....the only side they will be supporting will be Allah's!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:31 PM

[/B]

Well don't worry, I am sure that leaving the EU will not prevent her visiting the UK when we leave.

I think it was British intelligence that put us on the winning side in in both world wars, but god help the EU now Germany has welcomed so many illegal immigrants....the only side they will be supporting will be Allah's!
Good point.

Whatever the EU supporters say, I am sure that our intelligence services provide far more information than theirs do.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:38 PM

[/B]I think it was British intelligence that put us on the winning side in in both world wars, but god help the EU now Germany has welcomed so many illegal immigrants....the only side they will be supporting will be Allah's!
Haven't you heard? They have free movement in the EU, so they all go to ireland. Since there is no border (check) to the UK, prepare to extend your famous british hospitality to them!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Haven't you heard? They have free movement in the EU, so they all go to ireland. Since there is no border (check) to the UK, prepare to extend your famous british hospitality to them!
You do talk a lot of rubbish!
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Their clothes are made in India and China and they have stores throughout the EU and other countries.. If their profits are struggling its more likely because of super cheap imports by the supermarkets that sell them at a loss.

Nothing to do with the EU
Your describing a different target demographic
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Your describing a different target demographic

No I'm not - next sells mens, women and children's clothes as does tesco, sainsburys etc. Its probably more to do with high street rents than anything eu related.

What are you googling up now ? Lord Wolfson used to be a remainer by the way ...

Your clutching at straws again

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top