Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 09:23 AM

Re: Why do we like to be frightened?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's remarkable how they filmed it in central London with nobody around. Apparently most of it was done at 5am in the morning in the summer.
Made it all seem more lifelike.....I ised to watch Walking Dead but the series went on for too long and it lost it's way for me especially when one of the main characters Rick Grimes died....incidentally he was played by an actor called Andrew Lincoln....a chap from Hull.....reportedly because of falling viewing figures he is about to return from the dead A bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Made it all seem more lifelike.....I ised to watch Walking Dead but the series went on for too long and it lost it's way for me especially when one of the main characters Rick Grimes died....incidentally he was played by an actor called Andrew Lincoln....a chap from Hull.....reportedly because of falling viewing figures he is about to return from the dead A bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas
I've never seen it, Summer. It looks okay and all my work colleagues (who do nothing but watch TV all afternoon) say it's good but I just never got around to it. I don't know the name Andrew Lincoln though, but then I don't buy the local paper anymore. I'll look him up.

I've got Game of Thrones to watch sometime but I don't think I can even be bothered with it all now!
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

15-09-2019, 09:58 AM

I hate scary films, they give me nightmares. Also hate anything too gory.
Things like that play on my mind for months afterwards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 10:14 AM

I agree, I liked it first of all but it just went on and on and on and on with same story repeating every week.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree, I liked it first of all but it just went on and on and on and on with same story repeating every week.
I get the impression that there isn't a lot you can do with zombies. Eight series of blood-drenched, hillbilly-chequered shirt wearing dead folk with their skin hanging off dragging their left leg behind them is milking things a little too much in my opinion lol

It's a bit like Dr. Who when suddenly we see daleks flying through space! Stupid. It would never happen in real life!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I get the impression that there isn't a lot you can do with zombies. Eight series of blood-covered dead folk with their skin hanging off dragging their left leg behind them is milking things a little too much in my opinion lol

It's a bit like Dr. Who when suddenly we see daleks flying through space! Stupid. It would never happen in real life!
That's true and I almost said that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's true and I almost said that.
Lol! You're quick of the mark with your replies this morning, Longdogs
I actually edited my post to make it even more humorous while you were away for a second haha.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:34 AM

Did anyone watch the Final Destination films?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Did anyone watch the Final Destination films?
Yes, I have seen all of them. I wonder how many people sat there shouting 'No! DON'T STICK YOUR HAND DOWN THE WASTE DISPOSAL'?

Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 12:52 PM

I tend not to watch horrors, I never find them scary. Sometimes when something pops up on the screen suddenly or unexpectedly it can make me jump but I wouldn't say it was scary.

Things that scare me are the ones where you can see the disaster or whatever could actually happen in real life.

I do like a bit of blood and guts, watched No country for old men last night, that had plenty

He didn't die, he was kidnapped.

As much as I like Rick I thought the series improved after he left.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top