Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:29 AM

EU - I'm Chucking my Own Dummy out!

Might sound childish, but I've had enough of all this anti Brexit control freaking lot.

As of right now I, personally, am OUT of the EU.

I am scrutinising every label, every store item, to see if it comes from the EU.

If it does, I will not be buying it.

ShillyShallying, Obfuscation, lying and cheating MPs.

I'm done.

If the Government won't do what I voted for, I'll do it myself.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:30 AM

Re: EU - I'm Chucking my Own Dummy out!

And i m following ya! Driven me insane for 3 years already
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:34 AM

Perhaps we should all have done that years and years ago, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now had we done that!

Bring back the flag and red tractor on our goods, plus in large print 'Made in Britain' or 'Produce of the UK'. Then the EU can go play silly games with their tariffs and shove them where the sun doesn't shine!

I will join in too and while we're about it get rid of the present government and all those in the House of Lords, what do we want them for – they can't run the country properly so get rid!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:36 AM

Just refuse to buy anything unless its made in Britain

The 27 will soon get the message
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:41 AM

Awwww! Good topic Ted, count me in....
I've always tried to buy local produce and get some foreign lorries off the road, but I will cast my net further and stop buying other EU goods.....Especially German Cars!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Well said, all!

I'm about to go out for my weekly shop.

Before going I shall be checking who owns the Stores.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Well said, all!

I'm about to go out for my weekly shop.

Before going I shall be checking who owns the Stores.
Youd better hurry up Ted before they ALL shut down??

Regards Donkeyman!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:09 AM

Might sound childish, but I've had enough of all this anti Brexit control freaking lot.

I am scrutinising every label, every store item, to see if it comes from the EU.

I share your sentiments Ted but it's a token gesture. It doesn't get you out of the EU jurisdiction, you will still be under the rule and control of the ECJ. Our military will still have to be made available to the EU, your right to "Habeus Corpus" (Innocent until proved guilty) will eventually be removed and replaced with Corpus Juris, your ability to vote for the current UK Political parties will disappear and you'll only be able to vote for parties that cover multiple member states. And much much more.

Buying British is something we should all have been doing for years. Failure to do so hurts our own country and brings the inevitable demise of local trades and an increased dependence on foreign states which in turn leads to all manner of other national losses.

We categorically must leave the EU and leave properly and completely. NO DEAL is the only way that happens, that much should be clear by now to all and it's why our corrupt MPs working for the EU have blocked it.

We must vote in a government of hardened BrExiteers to get this job done. Tory party and BrExit party depending on your individual constituency. Tactical voting is imperative.

But yeah, meanwhile, buy British.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:15 AM

ShillyShallying, Obfuscation, lying and cheating MPs.

I'm done.

If the Government won't do what I voted for, I'll do it myself.

I've been doing that for years - anything French or German? Forget it - I don't need snotty cheeses, vile over-processed sausages and vinegar like wines. I can get decent home produced cheeses and other foodstuffs and decent wines from Oz or Chile. Have nothing against the Italians or Spanish, they aren't trying to screw us at every opportunity, so have no objections to a nice Chianti and a bit Parma or Serrano ham once in a while.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Excellent ideas but, What make of car do you drive and in which country was it made. I would like to follow suit but there are so many things that we cannot buy that are Made in Britain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top