Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Re: A weird little story

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A little help from your friends 'on the other side' me thinks, dongle.

Good job you took heed and didn't ignore it.
Could be Mups. I'm hoping to dream about Euro Millions tonight.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surprising what you find in draws
And in drawers.........
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:46 PM

How do you explain that, LD.?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surprising what you find in draws
DRAWERS Realspeed! LOL
Regards Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:24 PM

That's amazing, Longdogs. Could be a nice little earner for you if you wanted to part with it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When my Granddad passed away around thirty years ago, I was given his War service medal. I kept it in the top drawer of a small metal cabinet. My last memory of it was when I dropped it and it went rolling across my garage floor, never to be seen again. I looked for it many times and even had a final thorough look on the day we moved away from the house but to no avail.

Last night, I watched the Antiques Roadshow with that man and his collection of war medals and I went to bed and dreamt that I looked at the back of the top drawer of the cabinet and found it caught up.

So today, there I was down in the cellar and I decided to do just that, I pulled the drawer right out and there it was, stuck at the back.

Is your granddad's medal worth as much as those on TV?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Grandad would be proud of you LD, now keep it safe mate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Grandad would be proud of you LD, now keep it safe mate.
I feel enormously embarrassed now, Basser, telling Longdogs to sell it. I'm a horrible and greedy man.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 06:48 PM

I love it oo great story LD
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When my Granddad passed away around thirty years ago, I was given his War service medal. I kept it in the top drawer of a small metal cabinet. My last memory of it was when I dropped it and it went rolling across my garage floor, never to be seen again. I looked for it many times and even had a final thorough look on the day we moved away from the house but to no avail.

Last night, I watched the Antiques Roadshow with that man and his collection of war medals and I went to bed and dreamt that I looked at the back of the top drawer of the cabinet and found it caught up.

So today, there I was down in the cellar and I decided to do just that, I pulled the drawer right out and there it was, stuck at the back.

WOW! Brilliant you found it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top