Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 06:40 PM

Re: Christmas lights already?

I once went on holiday in mid summer and saw a touring caravan with coloured Christmas lights around the window and a brown stuffed hen standing in the middle of it.
Totally, bizarre!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:22 PM

Christmas decs in The Range at a very reasonable price, so I bought some. Don't go to that shop often. I also bought a box of City Lego for my friends present from Asda at a reduced price. I am not usually quite so geared up so early, but when you see stuff get it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Christmas decs in The Range at a very reasonable price, so I bought some. Don't go to that shop often. I also bought a box of City Lego for my friends present from Asda at a reduced price. I am not usually quite so geared up so early, but when you see stuff get it.
I've also bought a couple pressies already Tiff ..... as you say, when you see something you have to get it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I once went on holiday in mid summer and saw a touring caravan with coloured Christmas lights around the window and a brown stuffed hen standing in the middle of it.
Totally, bizarre!
Often when we toured we travelled with a pink dinosaur in the front window. Meant when we were on site friends joining us could find our van easily. Friends of ours had a flamingo and another couple had a big Mr Blobby. Wed join up on sites across UK.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

18-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Don't even want to think about Christmas until at least November.
Fireworks however, we have going off regularly found here, as there's a wedding venue nearby.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:28 AM

I loathe fireworks!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I collected some packing boxes this evening, about 7.15, and by this time of course it was getting dark. As I left the lady’s road I was surprised to see one of the huge trees at the bottom of the market all lit up. Not only that, but the house opposite me, has a similar set up in their garden...lights strung around a tree.

Now to me, this indicates that Christmas is just around the corner.

Is it?
I believe many people dress their gardens with what was once known as Christmas lights..

These lights are everywhere in some people's gardens....I think they look lovely and not just for the holiday season.

All year round some people leave their lights out.including me...the colour helps me get through the cold season ,as most plants have died back.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Hate fireworks we are lucky here we only hear them in the distance they are the organised displays in the town, that’s why I like living in the stick. D in L and I are Christmas freaks we love Christmas. Hubby and son go mad when we start planning. Thing is they sit back and let us do all the gift getting and wrapping,food, and D in L come and puts tree up with grandchildren. I love the warm glow that Christmas brings.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've also bought a couple pressies already Tiff ..... as you say, when you see something you have to get it!
I am not so organized usually & I don't like Christmas, but I still have to buy presents for family & friends, though not as many as I used to. We had a rule, once friends kids reached 17 they no longer got presents, those friends kids are way over that age now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top