Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Why so worried?

Hi

My view is that Boris is a dangerous idiot, he has given far too much power to Dominic Cummings.

An unelected SPAD with a weird view of Game Theory.

Whether we Leave or not on 31st October is irrelevant.

We have a General Election soon, before Christmas, the only sensible thing that

The Lib Dems have shot themselves in the foot with their arrogant we will Revoke Article 50.

Corbyn is the Tories best recruiting officer.

Who will vote for him?

I will not and I know lots of others who like me, are Labour Voters, but we will simply not vote Labour as long as he is Leader.

The Lib Dems have ruled out any Coalition with him, the only sensible thing that they have done.

An Election would end the deadlock, a clear majority in Parliament and with that a much stronger Negotiating Position.

I can wait until New Years Eve to Leave, it is leaving that is important, a few weeks is no great shakes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 01:28 PM

Re: Why so worried?

Guy verhofstat or however you spell it pretty much destroyed the unliberal undemocrats with his speech at their conference. Then their horrible songs about murdering other political party leaders was icing on the cake.
Labour has deceived every one cannot believe I believed Corbyn when he said he was for the people.

Brexit party has said they won't put forward policies until we are out of EU so I am watching them with interest.
Greens have also got some interesting policies I'd like to see implemented.
So I'm waiting to see what is out there when we do get a vote before saying who I want to vote for.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 01:34 PM

You make some good points, and I agree with most of what you say. In the great scheme of things, another couple of months delay is neither here nor there. The wider issue is that of principle, that we are still waiting after 3 years and with no end in sight.

As to the election, it cannot come soon enough. Anyone who has read my posts on the next election, and Parliament in general, will know my views on this. We currently have parliamentary stalemate, and nothing is getting done.

And Brexit will not happen on the 31st October; no deal has been removed as a default option, which also means that any deal that Boris brings back will be rejected.

So bring on the election, vote tactically and get the deadwood out, and get this shit sorted.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
You make some good points, and I agree with most of what you say. In the great scheme of things, another couple of months delay is neither here nor there. The wider issue is that of principle, that we are still waiting after 3 years and with no end in sight.

As to the election, it cannot come soon enough. Anyone who has read my posts on the next election, and Parliament in general, will know my views on this. We currently have parliamentary stalemate, and nothing is getting done.

And Brexit will not happen on the 31st October; no deal has been removed as a default option, which also means that any deal that Boris brings back will be rejected.

So bring on the election, vote tactically and get the deadwood out, and get this shit sorted.
Yes Patriot! The sooner we have a GE the better! I will abide
by the result! But will the remainers???
Regards Donkeyman!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Regards Donkeyman!
Well I doubt it as Jo swinson has said she really only wants to enact votes she agrees with. So vote to join the fourth reich and she will back that but nothing less will do.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My view is that Boris is a dangerous idiot, he has given far too much power to Dominic Cummings.

An unelected SPAD with a weird view of Game Theory.

Whether we Leave or not on 31st October is irrelevant.

We have a General Election soon, before Christmas, the only sensible thing that

The Lib Dems have shot themselves in the foot with their arrogant we will Revoke Article 50.

Corbyn is the Tories best recruiting officer.

Who will vote for him?

I will not and I know lots of others who like me, are Labour Voters, but we will simply not vote Labour as long as he is Leader.

The Lib Dems have ruled out any Coalition with him, the only sensible thing that they have done.

An Election would end the deadlock, a clear majority in Parliament and with that a much stronger Negotiating Position.

I can wait until New Years Eve to Leave, it is leaving that is important, a few weeks is no great shakes.

I don't know about you, but it seems time for boris to start worrying.

Boris Johnson given two-week EU deadline for Irish backstop plan

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-checks-brexit

A deadline of 30 September would be highly problematic for the prime minister as it falls on the eve of the Conservative party conference, and it remains to be seen whether the EU will stick to the threat.
Johnson would be wary of showing his hand at such a sensitive point given the potentially negative reaction by his party to any movement towards the EU’s demands on the backstop.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I don't know about you, but it seems time for boris to start worrying.

Boris Johnson given two-week EU deadline for Irish backstop plan

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-checks-brexit

A deadline of 30 September would be highly problematic for the prime minister as it falls on the eve of the Conservative party conference, and it remains to be seen whether the EU will stick to the threat.
Johnson would be wary of showing his hand at such a sensitive point given the potentially negative reaction by his party to any movement towards the EU’s demands on the backstop.
Just walk away.

Easy.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just walk away.

Easy.
That’s always been an option but it now comes with additional consequences. If it is a prime ministerial decision BJ is probably stupid enough to do it. If it has to be a cabinet decision then there may be a few squeaky bums. Either way there is a reasonable probability of a charge of misconduct in public office being brought which given the nature of the offence could be quite interesting.

Unless of course BJ has found a rock solid legal defence
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just walk away.

Easy.
Hi

Not easy at all.

Parliament has passed a Law preventing him for doing that.

He must find a way out of that first.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Regards Donkeyman!
Haha, good point DM.
If the LibDems don’t win the election with a massive majority, they’ll probably want it rerun. Or challenge the result in the courts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top