Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Re: Old TV Series

If you were to buy me a hamburger, I would gladly repay you on Tuesday.

That was said by J Wellington Wimpy
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 03:35 AM

I've just come back for a peak at this topic and many of them have brought back many memories. I loved lots of the old programmes mentioned, but Popeye was one of my most favourites. You can still watch Popeye on
YouTube.

I loved Edward Woodward as well, but in Callan! Remember smelly little Lonely? Yep, the old black and white stuff was brilliant.

I'm still watching The Human Jungle, and I'm totally hooked. I'll be so disappointed when I come to the end of it, so I'll have to find something else equally intereresting to watch, if I can.

I might try to find Armchair Theatre, if any has been uploaded on YouTube, or that series by Roald Dahl, although for the moment the title escapes me.

Edit: Just remembered. Tales of the Unexpecticated!
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 07:58 AM

I caught Bonanza on one of the Sky channels the other day ... Hoss & Little Joe ... brought back memories of watching with my brother & sister along with The Virginian & Man from Uncle.

I'll look out for The Human Jungle ... sounds like something good to watch in this mad world!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 06:40 PM

I watched Last night at the proms on Saturday, havent watched for many years, I couldnt face x Factor as depressed and it was brilliant, even joined in the songs and ended up crying, but nice crying and the English half of me was proud.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Memory Lane here!

Are wonderful series like Upstairs Downstairs and (even better) Jewel In The Crown too recent to count?

Oh - remember Crown Court? Tues Weds & Thurs lunchtimes (?1.30) for half an hour, dramatising a 'sort of' topical court case, with a 'real' jury of 12 members of the public? Must have been when my daughter slept, as I remember watching that a lot. Obviously a guilty little secret
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Does anyone remember Within These Walls? A series about prison life for women?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jennywren ->
Does anyone remember Within These Walls? A series about prison life for women?
I remember that, Jennie ....I think Googie Withers was the Governor at the start, then someone else replaced her a few series later.

I really enjoyed that series...
jennywren
South West, UK

16-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Yes! Googie Withers! You couldn't make up a name like that!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jennywren ->
Yes! Googie Withers! You couldn't make up a name like that!!
I wonder if Googie is short for anything?
jennywren
South West, UK

16-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Her name was Georgette Lisette!

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top