Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:07 PM

Re: Your conscience

To add to that, if the amount was in an envelope, wallet or purse, of course it would go to the police station, but first we have a community page on FB so if found locally, I'd put a message on there saying where found & asking the person to describe said item & amount in detail to get the right owner.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
To add to that, if the amount was in an envelope, wallet or purse, of course it would go to the police station, but first we have a community page on FB so if found locally, I'd put a message on there saying where found & asking the person to describe said item & amount in detail to get the right owner.
Yes ,same here in my area re the community page, if found locally perhaps a better idea than handing in to police .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Number 2
If you hand it in to the police and no one claims it it’s “ finders keepers “after a period?
Finders keepers isn't actually a thing....not according to Camelot anyway!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:39 PM

I would hand over the money to the police, not because of my conscience but because it's the right thing to do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:47 PM

I would hand it to the police and have done that in the past .

Partly due to conscience, I couldn't spend someone else's money and partly because I would wish others to do the same for me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:17 PM

Am I the only one who wouldn't trust the police to give it to the owner? I would probably post it on facebook but not mention the exact amount.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Keep it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Keep it.
See you down the pub.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would hand it to the police and have done that in the past .

Partly due to conscience, I couldn't spend someone else's money and partly because I would wish others to do the same for me.

That's very true Meg.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:41 PM

I can tell you a story of manybyears ago. I used to work for a newspaper and next door the the offices was another firm I forget what they did or what it was called but the big doors were always open, . One day at lunchtime I came out of our building and was walking past next door firm when I spotted on the floor a brown wage envelope. I picked it up and saw it was a wage packet from the company next door so I went inside and told them I had found a wage packet which was unopened, there were 4 young men and they all cracked up laughing. I sad what you laughing at and one of them said, it was a trap we were having a laugh to see how many honest people there are, well done you passed them test!

I went bright red although I don t know why. It was a good thing I did.

My mother always told me honesty is the best , it means we can sleep in our beds on a night and I have to agree.

I wouldnt ever want to steal anything, its just not me, I would like to think had I lost a wage packet purse or anything that someone would hand it in.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you i think the saying goes

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top