Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Re: Cant wait to settle in

Good morning Ben-V. Have a nice day and thank you for the chat y/day. felt at home on my first day getting to know people.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:21 AM

I'm pleased to hear you feel at home Tom - new blood is always nice just kidding. What's the weather like in Birmingham (I do remember the hot summers there - don't get them here to the same extent). Do you have anything planned for the day?
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Weathers lovely today its been very windy last few days .Was up at 5.30 walking my dog Sir Hovis along the canal, frosty but I like that. Its warmed up nicely now. Saturdays are my rest days and I may make an apple pie 'can't beat home made can you', then just be a nuisance to all lol .as I have just retired this month I want to know what resting is like so I may be in and out of here all day
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:39 AM

I always note the first smile of the day and today, it has come from your dog's name! What a lovely name - what made you call him that? What breed is he?

You certainly can't beat home made food of any description and on a sunny day, what better than apple pie (we may ask you to share that with us now you've told us about it).

It must be hard to stop working (I missed it to begin with but stopped working by choice) and you do feel at a loose end to start with - then you rediscover what childhood was about and get stuck in to doing things you want to do rather than what you're expected to do - that makes a heck of a difference Tom.

I'm off out with my dogs in a bit and then back to paint my front door whilst the weather is nice - just have to stop the little rotters running past it and getting dog hairs on the wet paint (I've yet to paint without them appearing with paint on them grrrrr )
pokertom
Mids,

20-04-2013, 08:58 AM

Sounds a whole lot of fun in the Ben-V household .Sir Hovis is a Lakeland terror. When I had him as a pup he was so docile and a face to die for. His name came from the fact he looked like a new bakes loaf from the oven Black on top and brown down his sides . His picture is on my profile. Now about my apple pies, they are eaten in a dark locked room, Its very selfish I know but O/K you can share as long as you only use a teaspoon and your blindfolded.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by pokertom ->
Weathers lovely today its been very windy last few days .Was up at 5.30 walking my dog Sir Hovis along the canal, frosty but I like that. Its warmed up nicely now. Saturdays are my rest days and I may make an apple pie 'can't beat home made can you', then just be a nuisance to all lol .as I have just retired this month I want to know what resting is like so I may be in and out of here all day
Good Morning Tom, I bet it's nice up on Barr Beacon today.
pokertom
Mids,

20-04-2013, 09:23 AM

Hi Spitfire. Yes I bet it is. Spent my courtship and fell in love up there. it was our day trip out as kids with the old man. I heard the metal thieves (for want of a better word) ripped the roof off for the copper. There must be a few on here from the Midlands area. Have a good one .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Sounds a whole lot of fun in the Ben-V household .Sir Hovis is a Lakeland terror. When I had him as a pup he was so docile and a face to die for. His name came from the fact he looked like a new bakes loaf from the oven Black on top and brown down his sides . His picture is on my profile. Now about my apple pies, they are eaten in a dark locked room, Its very selfish I know but O/K you can share as long as you only use a teaspoon and your blindfolded.
Frank matey, - use lots of cinnamon and a little brown sugar in with the apples itself - the sugar will caramelise in the heat when the pastry is cooking. If you also mix a little caster sugar with the pastry as you make it, when it bakes and rises, the sugar in the pastry will also caramalise too and make the pastry crunchy.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

20-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Strange what we use to name our dogs isn't it - my youngest dog (Cocker Spaniel) not only looked (as a pup) like Dill the Dog out of The Herbs - he also raced everwhere at top speed just like Dill The Dog - hence, he is called Dill.

You saying you eat a pie in a locked room - one of my friends in Birmingham was like that: if I baked cakes and gave some to her for her and her children, she would sit on top of her washing machine, behind a closed door, and eat the lot!

I don't mind using a teaspoon as I can scoop quite a bit onto such a small, meagre utensil cos I can balance stuff really well blindfold no problem as I have a great sense of smell and I'll just listen to where I can hear the sound of your spoon scraping the dish
pokertom
Mids,

20-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Ben-V, It sounds like I will have to change my ways as my cunning plans are not going to work in here are they mmmmm smaller pies maybe. But as you all have been so kind in here I would share but only once. .

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top