Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Re: Ovarian Cysts

I am sure you will look after her very well. Its were our strength comes from we don't like to see the one we love in pain.
What is your wifes name.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 09:58 AM

I call her Angie. (after Angelina Jolie) She likes the name so I even have her name as "Angie" on my mobile(cell) phone contacts.

Problem is , she won't call me "Brad".
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Oh dear Angie is just not playing the game "Brad"
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
I've already put my foot in it by asking whether I have to stay at the hospital all day on the first day.
Probably inappropriate but I chuckled at that - she'll forgive you, us women usually do

I thought you were male with that user name at first by the way.
Ben Varrey is Manx and means Girl of the Sea (or Anglicised: mermaid). As a fanatical swimmer, it's one of the things my Manx husband used to call me (Ben means girl/female).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Operation next week in Australia. "borderline cancer" she was told. Full hysterectomy, appendectomy and 13 cm cyst to be removed. 6 weeks recovery time apparently. better get used to being the carer now and walking the dog.
I've already put my foot in it by asking whether I have to stay at the hospital all day on the first day.
It's not that I don't care. it's just that I lack er...um..experience, tact, sometimes.. My younger brother is much more thoughtful in this area.
Thanks for your concern ben varrey. I thought you were male with that user name at first by the way.
It must be a very worrying time for you both youngatart. Your wife will forgive you if you put your foot in it - as long as you can just be there for her she will understand. My husband is the world's worst for lacking in bedside manner - he keeps away - it's not that he doesn't care, he just doesn't cope well with these sort of things. It must be a man thing. I had a radical open hysterectomy (womb, cervix, ovaries) a while ago, which was being a bit more complicated than I had hoped it would be, but I am OK now. In view of what you have said I assume your wife will also be having open surgery and for this reason be prepared for things to take a bit longer than six weeks post-op. for full recovery. It takes a while to get strength back and your wife may be very tired for a while. I hope the surgery goes well and that things can get back to normal for you both fairly quickly. Best wishes. Rena.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 01:03 PM

I too, send my best wishes to your wife for a successful operation.

Plenty of rest for her after ..... and sleeves rolled up and extra housework for you in the weeks to come

Good luck to both of you...
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2013, 12:49 AM

cheers Aeroler and Mags
Duckie
Australia

04-06-2013, 01:17 PM

Good news so far! Operation a success. Angie is fine and talkative. Await biopsy report 10 days later. To be continued.
I just spent 14 hours at the hospital! Took a day off from work.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2013, 01:27 PM

It's good to hear the surgery went well youngatart. Hopefully, your lady will soon be back at home with you. Fingers crossed for the biopsy results being good news.
Duckie
Australia

04-06-2013, 02:44 PM

You people are so sweet. Taking an interest in strangers living on a different planet....well down under Oz anyway.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top