Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Anti-Alziemers Therapy

I am a 73 year old Aussie who spends a lot of his day on the computer. I claim it is Anti-Alzheimer's Therapy, is there anybody else out there that shares my theory.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Re: Anti-Alziemers Therapy

It's good to keep your brain (and body) active but I don't know about staving off Alzheimer's.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Yeh Alan, Keeping the brain active is easy, but keeping the body active is another ball game. Staving off Alzheimer's is my excuse, and I am sticking to it, He, He, He.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 04:02 PM

Yea, I do think the same .....Crosswords or the games section on here, anything to keep the brain active ......
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 04:17 PM

The brain like any other part of our body needs 'looking after' and keeping the brain active can help reduce the risk of Altzheimer's and other dementias.

Unfortunately genetics and aging are the biggest risk of Altzheimer's and that we cant control.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Oh dear, Pats, I think the Alzheimer's is taking hold already, as I'm sure there is no 't' in it
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 04:24 PM

I believe in bingo as a Alzheimers rejection. It has been studied in 80 years olds and they have proved that people in their 80's who play bingo have less chance of getting the disease than those who don't play. I have also added online quiz programmes to my brain. I found that since I started doing one in March my brain seems to have livened up since then and I am feeling more inclined to be thinking general knowledge and enjoying it.
An active brain is a happy brain in my mind.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Oh dear, Pats, I think the Alzheimer's is taking hold already, as I'm sure there is no 't' in it
Go to the top of the class orangutan.

Brain therapy also means the ability to spot the deliberate mistake.
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 02:38 PM

I feel as if keeping busy in general helps us all to keep our brains sharp, and also doing the things which we love doing. For myself it is caring for my animals that keeps me happy, and I also have an addiction to doing puzzles and word games! Some people are predisposed to certain diseases, and of course others have a genetic background of becoming ill with Alzheimer's Disease.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust

23-07-2013, 02:50 PM

Yes Silver Jill, there are a few factors involved. I think I have a head start in so much as I can't really find much Alzheimer's in my family so my genes could give me a head start. I did a 7 week computer course in 1999 on Windows 95, and we have had a computer ever since which probably looks after the Brain exercise part. I am 73 which is 30 years older than my Father who died of a heart attack in 1953, and also have a fully reconditioned engine (Triple bypass). I have had such a good run, I promise not to complain if I fall off the perch, at least I will complain quietly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top