Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 09:19 PM

August bank holiday weather

Ok, I know most of you don't have a bank holiday until the end of this month, but today is our August Bank Holiday. It's been pouring with rain all day. Doesn't really matter to me, being retired, but I feel sorry for those having an extra day off and not able to enjoy it outside.
Funny thing is, I cannot remember a single dry August Bank Holiday here over the years. It's so consistent it has become predictable! No other Bank Holiday has the same record here!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 08:42 AM

Re: August bank holiday weather

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Ok, I know most of you don't have a bank holiday until the end of this month, but today is our August Bank Holiday. It's been pouring with rain all day. Doesn't really matter to me, being retired, but I feel sorry for those having an extra day off and not able to enjoy it outside.
Funny thing is, I cannot remember a single dry August Bank Holiday here over the years. It's so consistent it has become predictable! No other Bank Holiday has the same record here!
But Ania darlin' - you can't live in an Irish bog, without it being soggy, and for it to be soggy, it has to rain (a lot!!!)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Was lovely and sunny here yesterday.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Ania darlin' - just to show you you're not alone - tis very wet and windy here at the moment!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-parts-of-uk
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 09:38 AM

Hi

Two things about Bank Holidays.

One, it rains.

Two, French Air traffic Control are on strike.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Two things about Bank Holidays.

One, it rains.

Two, French Air traffic Control are on strike.
True enough, though as some of our Bank Holidays are different to the UK we sometimes escape the strikes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top