Join for free
Page 513 of 549 « First < 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 > Last »
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:44 PM

Re: Pictures you love

Spinifex pigeon (Geophaps plumifera s.sp ferruguinea)
By tracey_heimberger · · From Pic of the Week
Spinifex pigeon (Geophaps plumifera s.sp ferruguinea), sunning itself on a rock. Here in the Pilbara, rocks are a common place to find them early or late in the day.

Published 28 Nov 2018. Karratha WA 6714
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Hi Mags, we have a program called 'Slow Summer', with no music and no commentary. The first one I watched was a train trip from Sydney across to Perth and last night was the canal trip in the UK. With all the rubbish on the tele, it was a pleasant relief, just the lapping of the boat and birds tweeting

Also enjoyed this, the albatros live stream in New Zealand
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/nativ...roa/royal-cam/
Sounds lovely Tootsweet, just right for relaxing too.

As you say, there is a lot of rubbish on TV
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Bird's Eye View
By Margaret Midkiff · · From Pic of the Week
Picnic Point Toowoomba
Nice To see and Hear a number of Kookaburras today at Picnic Point Toowoomba,Qld. Tuesday 27th Nov., 2018
Published 28 Nov 2018.
Around here the Kookies start the dawn chorus.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:52 AM

A Timeless Treasure
By TracyOlive · 2 min read · From Pic of the Week
This is I think a beautiful picture. It is not technically difficult but you need to lay in the sand and get the sun in just the right spot. The afternoon light and golden glow, the correct exposure and a shallow depth of field...anyone can do it and everyone would love to see it appear on January's page of this years calendar. BUT this is not the story this is about my grandmother.
I loved my grandmother and she was such a beautiful part of my life, but 30 years ago if we would have stopped then it may have never happened...you see this is a Triton shell or Trumpet shell, it is sort after due to their beauty by collectors and also made into a horn and is high on the wish list of tourists.
My grandmother travelled a lot and had an extensive shell collection, her and I would walk the tide line of the beach for hours and collect the most amazing shells, it was a treasures part of my childhood. Nanna would not always find her shells, she had bought a lot of them and when I would visit I liked nothing better then for her to show me her new prised possession in her shell collection. The all had stories behind them and she alway knew for years when she was older where she had purchased them. She was one of many that had this collection hobby and why not, shells are stunning creations of nature, perfect works of art with smooth shiny surfaces and beautiful colours.
When she passed away I luckily inherited this beautiful treasure. I have had it in a cupboard now for years and until this week never gave it much a thought. I was free diving in beautiful Lady Musgrave Lagoon and came across a strange creature, a large mollusks with bright yellow and black tentacle caught my eye. I took photographs and then took them back to the boat where someone identified it as a Triton Shell.
The special thing about this sea creature is that it is one of the only known predators of the Crown of Thorns Starfish. They actively seek them out, paralyse them and devour their whole body and then spit out the spikes. We have removed this key predator from the eco system because its shell looks beautiful in a cabinet. My grandmother never actively took live animals but by creating a demand with people that did, she and many others were guilty of the imbalance we now have in the ecosystem. There is a lot of hype this week especially to save the big creatures of the ocean but I ask you to consider the little ones, as they too are all part of the big picture. Together we can help to restore past mistakes and collectively heal our beautiful planet. Please visit my Instagram Page for more beautiful photographs and stories @tracyolive
Published 5 hours ago. Coral Cove QLD 4670
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 05:56 AM

Brett & Teddy on Busselton jetty
By Niamh · · From Pic of the Week
We all loved our summer holiday in Busselton this year. The jetty was too long for Teddy (winner of ‘Best Boy’ Award 2009-2019). It seems to stretch to infinity and beyond- the perfect setting Dad aka Brett aka Buzz Lightyear. Hearts bursting xxx.
Published 5 hours ago. Busselton WA 6280
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 05:56 AM

The clear blue skies of spring
By lifecatchme · · From Pic of the Week
I’ve tried to find out a bit of history of this Tunnel Bay area but my Google searches are not much chop!
Walking down to this rocky beach from Shipsterns Bluff, the views offer one dark wave-beaten Tunnel after another.
The closer I got, the bigger the rocks on the beach became and the tunnels further away!
I wandered about and heard the rumble of the rocks being tumbled across the whole beach with each wave. It was like a symphony, and I had front row seats for this ‘rock concert!’ I was there at low tide, and can imagine the crescendo of sound it would be on a high tide.
Published 6 hours ago. Cape Raoul TAS 7184
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 05:57 AM

I don’t care if Monday’s blue
By katypotaty77 · · From Pic of the Week
Published 6 hours ago. Mount Nelson TAS 7007
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 05:58 AM

Another stunning morning here on Bruny
By stephlomay · · From Pic of the Week
Another stunning morning here on Bruny
Published 6 hours ago. South Bruny TAS 7150
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 05:59 AM

Meander River reflections in Deloraine
By tassiehayley · · From Pic of the Week
Meander River reflections
Published 6 hours ago. Deloraine TAS 7304
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

23-01-2019, 06:00 AM

Oh my stars
By georgieheartmedia · · From Pic of the Week
It was a chilly 3 degrees but the crispy air made me power through my walk and the colours were absolutely exquisite.
It'’s important to remember that when gratitude becomes your way of life, you automatically go into everything you do with gratitude and you can expect magnificent outcomes.
Published 6 hours ago. Franklin TAS 7113

Page 513 of 549 « First < 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top