Join for free
Page 283 of 1676 « First < 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 783 1283 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 07:21 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Tell me about it! life can become a right drudge sometimes, changing what yer can, and accepting what yer can't, there's only so much acceptance a geezer can take.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 01:33 PM

Oh,it's true,gumbud....so very, sadly true.
F'rinstance,when was the last time YOU had a conker fight,or skimmed stones on a lake/pond/river? Or built a house out of bales, or climbed a tree,or made a catapult, or blew on a blade of grass to make that farting sound? Or giggled at someone nearly tripping,or played in goal for your darts team, or made a raft, or made grass burn using the Sun and a magnifying glass, or fed the ducks, or went paddling/swimming just because you could? Y'see? We old farts FORGET that £££ don't = happiness. SECURITY,yes - but not happiness; y'gotta be nearly eleven, for that...on the inside....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:11 PM

I think ya mixin ya farts and ya gums ya old fart!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:44 PM

“I think ya mixin ya farts and ya gums ya old fart!”

He ain’t that far out Gummy, winegums used to make me fart a lot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Jelly Babies used to make me Broody.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Ah Jemstone, I like that Pug, make a nice name for a jewellery shop.
I was once going to go into business with a French fella, Jules something was his name, he had more money to invest than I had and his name was to be first over the shop, I suggested we call it “Jules and Jems” but the whole thing fell through when I found out he was a dark horse to say the least, but that’s a story for another day.

I’m glad I turned down Oxford when I was a young man Pug, I believe they teach latin there.
Instead I settled for an apprenticeship on a hard three legged stool at a bench in a basement workshop, but I stuck with it and it paid off in the end, I never looked upon it as work, that’s probably why I stayed at it all me life, and I really loved making stuff, the hardest part was getting up in the mornings, but once I got to work and approached the bench there was no stopping me, sometimes at quitting time the gaffer had to drag me away I was enjoying meself so much.

You can be whatever you like if you put your mind to it
Just be strong willed and get out there and do it
Tread the boards as an actor like Charles Boyer
Or be called to the Bar as a smart arsed Lawyer
But whatever you do to put food on your table
Never forget where you came from, be it Palace or Stable.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-08-2017, 09:49 PM

Before I went through the Change!!!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

07-08-2017, 04:27 PM

I was listening to that old song “The Deck of Cards” By Wink Martindale, you know the one about the soldier using a pack of cards as a prayer book in church. Why do they call a pack of cards a Deck? it has nothing to do with a ship nor a deck chair. I had an old workmate called Declan, Dec for short, he was fond of visiting some of the massage parlours here in town, he always insisted he was attended to by several girls, yes when he went there it was a case of all hands on Dec.
Wink is an odd first name, but funny enough I also knew a chap called Wink Whelan (God bless the mark, but he had some kind of a twist in his eye that made him wink a lot, he often got the odd thump for winking when he wasn't supposed to wink), his life long mate Noddy Nolan had a habit of shaking his head a lot, hence the name Noddy. They loved horses and used to take small bags of lump sugar up to the centre for retired racehorses as a treat for the horses, some of which couldn’t see anymore, the centre was a bit out of the way in the Phoenix Park, they couldn’t always make it together but one of them always went at least once a week, the horses didn’t seem to mind, a Nod is as good as a Wink to a blind horse.
That Lord Byron fella was a right womaniser, he loved visiting brothels and was loved by all the girls for his wit and charm, in fact one madam liked him so much she had a sign posted over the bar “Byron get one free”
I backed a horse named that last week, came second at 10/1, I’ll be keeping me eye on him next time he’s running.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 04:30 PM

Oh,Jem has the right of it, chaps.
It's easy to let go of the past-but many aren't willing to.
Those who do, make the most of, plus enjoy, today...whatever it may bring.

F'rinstance,my granddad had his tongue shot off during WWII.
....but he never spoke about it.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 04:50 PM

I know a bloke who's addicted to brake fluid but he says he can stop at anytime?

I stayed up once all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me!

and finally they told me I had type A blood but it was a typo!!

goodnight from dinudder!!

ps: did I tell you I tried to catch fog once, but I mist?

Page 283 of 1676 « First < 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 383 783 1283 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top