Join for free
Page 883 of 1676 « First < 383 783 833 873 881 882 883 884 885 893 933 983 1383 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:51 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I would lock you away-but apparently you whinge a lot when trapped in a small,windowless locked room with only a gumbud to keep you amused...well,that's what WE all were told!?
I would get claustrophobia
No windows
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:56 PM

I have brought this from the Candy Bar for Jem.

A trip to the tip

We had a lot of dead garden stuff to dispose of, as our lovely council now charges to empty our garden waste bins, then sells compost made from such, we take it to the tip ourselves.
I quite like going to the tip, I am nosey and like to see what folks are throwing out.
Well, what a dilemma with the Pies trip today.
One of my twins has many problems and is partially sighted.
(Even though the card issued by our council says Partly slighted)! He wanted to help, so there we were in the garden bagging it all up. I am changing lots in my garden, so there was a lot of stuff to dispose of. I find it difficult to lift anything too heavy with this injury to my elbow. But I tried and fell over, my boy tried to help me up, but fell over some branches, hubby comes to help, gets a branch in his face! That was just the start!!!
Eventually, we got it all bagged up ready to put in the boot of our car. It is a seven-seater, three back seats can lie flat.
Could we remember which leaver -NO.
I figured it out in the end, I just pulled ever leaver, until - wow it worked. We covered the area with a new tarpaulin, and loaded it up, making a right pig's ear of it!
Garden stuff can only be disposed of in a certain container at the tip, each container is labelled. So I wanted the boot loaded up in order, my son just chucked it in, hubby was busy getting the heavy stuff. I was cussing I can tell you, it was hot and I was bothered.
We eventually arrived at the tip. My son following me up the metal steps of the container, I emptied my bag, he couldn't judge, and pushed me right in!!!!!!
They are massive containers, I was amongst all the garden debris -HELP!!!!
Hubby came running up the steps, but I was almost buried!
He had to get a man who works there to rescue me.
So I have NOT had a good day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:18 PM

You'll have to excuse me for laughing out loud Sweetie, couldn't help it, reminded me of the Three Stooges.
Anyway knowing you you probably came up smelling of roses.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Been watching YouTube on the smart TV, hope I ain't gone Global in my pants.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:28 PM

Move on, nothing to see here.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:34 PM

And Spitty is working hard, God bless the workers, that’s what I always say, the dear sweet generous toiling souls who ensure my pension is always waiting for me every Friday in the post office, and if they are not rewarded in this life they surely will be in the next, us poor unfortunate senior citizens love ya all, keep at it and no slacking mind you.

I’m going to take the first five stars across the board Sweetie, I’ll try the rest as I go along slowly to enjoy it, there’s eating on drinking on that selection and I’m a glutton for this sort of thing.

(1) Fred Astaire. Film: “Easter Parade”
(2) Doris Day. Film: “Pillow Talk”
(3) Gene Kelly. Film: “An American in Paris”
(4) Deborah Kerr. “The King and I”
(4) George Burns. Film: “Oh God”

I’m not sure if that’s Deborah Kerr, I’m just guessing that one, I have signed the Scribbles “No Googling” agreement according to the rules, tink yo.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2018, 09:38 PM

I ain't got a clue, let the coffin dodgers wrangle about it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

31-07-2018, 09:46 PM

One has been listening to a lot of Sherlock Holmes audio books in bed lately and my powers of deduction have increased over the past week.
I first noticed this when I was talking to Gumbud on Skype yesterday, I asked him did he enjoy his wild turkey dinner to which he replied
“How did you know I shot a wild turkey the other day and cooked it for dinner?”
“Well” said I “ There are lots of turkey hairs on your face my good man”
“Wrong Jem” says he “That’s my beard you idiot”
“Well how do you explain the turkey juice stains on your camouflage frock?”
“They are not juice stains, they are bourbon drips”
“I see you drink an awful lot of port Gummy”
“Yes I do, how do you know?”
“Elementary my good man, all the corks hanging out of your hat have Sandeman stamped on them”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2018, 09:46 PM

Images of sorrow, pictures of delight, things that go to make up a life.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
One has been listening to a lot of Sherlock Holmes audio books in bed lately and my powers of deduction have increased over the past week.
I first noticed this when I was talking to Gumbud on Skype yesterday, I asked him did he enjoy his wild turkey dinner to which he replied
“How did you know I shot a wild turkey the other day and cooked it for dinner?”
“Well” said I “ There are lots of turkey hairs on your face my good man”
“Wrong Jem” says he “That’s my beard you idiot”
“Well how do you explain the turkey juice stains on your camouflage frock?”
“They are not juice stains, they are bourbon drips”
“I see you drink an awful lot of port Gummy”
“Yes I do, how do you know?”
“Elementary my good man, all the corks hanging out of your hat have Sandeman stamped on them”

Page 883 of 1676 « First < 383 783 833 873 881 882 883 884 885 893 933 983 1383 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top