Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:03 PM

What I've achieved today

Made an appointment with the Will Writing Services to have a legal adviser visit me Saturday week to prepare my Will.

Continued with the supplementary list that's on the computer, and will be placed with the Will. Important stuff like who to contact, what to cancel, my belongings, pension providers, how to access my bank account. A very important document that will enable my Executors (sister and her eldest daughter) to deal with my life.

Texted two neighbours, asked if they'd be prepared to be my Will Witnesses. Both responded 'yes'.

Been running in and out of our blocks helping out the electrician who came out to deal with the emergency communal lighting (on in our block, off in another). First of all I helped him gain access to the block next door (by knocking on windows and doors), and then provided the key to the meter cupboards. And generally chatted to him about the lights and the problems we've had.

While all this was going on I espied my plumber going in and out of one of the flats, emptying out their boiler. So I waited to see him, and asked, 'could he please call in to me and give me an updated quote to refurb my bathroom?' Which he did, and he's given me the telephone numbers of the tiler and electrician. The quote he gave me a few years back remains the same, but he said today that that didn't include the bathroom suite: it was only labour! Okaaaaay.

So, tomorrow I will call those two other guys (Dean is speaking to one of them tonight and will give him a heads up of my call). Dean is having hand surgery in a fortnight and will be out of action for 10 weeks. He does have his work partner, Wayne, but actually if I wait those 3 months it won't be a bad thing, will it?

Oh, and since then I've accessed my online banking and transferred the remaining balance of my Isle of Wight B&B booking (September), needed by this Friday. The only B&B I've ever known to want 100% payment upfront.

I'm on an absolute roll today! *Gives self a pat on the back*

How about you?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:31 PM

Re: What I've achieved today

You forgot to say that you had achieved to upset someone who was trying to help you regarding your witnesses.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Good for you Jazzi, any progress however small is progress, more power to your elbow.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 04:54 PM

Jazzi I am at work and have not done that much.

Sit down and have a cup of tea your making me feel guilty and tired.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:00 PM

You must be feeling so pleased. I know I do when I do something I've been putting off.

Well done Jazzi.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:06 PM

Went into my city today, to watch the free movie in the main square lovely warm day, took my seat and was soon joined by a mother and her daughter about 7 or 8.

Poor we lass could not settle as the bright sunshine meant she was struggling to see anything and her mum was getting agitated. So i offered her daughter my sunglasses and she took them even though they were a bit big for her.

She sat quietly and watched the whole movie and her mum thanked me as she said she would have been lucky to get 10 minutes.

No great achievement, just glad i could help, incidentally the film was The Peanuts movie, all of us adults had loads of chuckle moments, im not sure who got the most from it.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Well done Jazzi and a for Nom for his kindness today
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:00 PM

I think IŽll go for a lie down, youŽve tired me out Jazzi. It was very kind of you Nom to let the little girl use your sunglasses.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:12 PM

You've worn me out too, Jazzi. And perhaps guilt-tripped me into doing that supplementary list of instructions to go with my will too...Problem is, sometimes I don't like doing grown-up things.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You forgot to say that you had achieved to upset someone who was trying to help you regarding your witnesses.

Malcolm, it wasn't my intention to upset you with my response, but I would have thought you'd know me by now, and know I am a fully capable person! i've got this sorted, honestly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top