Page 6 of 40 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

14-06-2017, 04:15 PM

Re: Fire engulfs Grenfell tower block in west London

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
The pan was red hot and burnt out.
I guess that was his very first ear bashing.. Well deserved too.. plonker.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Whatever caused the fire to start, it should never have spread the way it did.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:08 PM

I am wondering whether this fire could have been started by an E Cig Charger. We often read about those catching fire, singeing carpets etc.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Whatever caused the fire to start, it should never have spread the way it did.
Hi

Exactly, fires happen, the fire should have been contained.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:12 PM

A brief 'aside' if I might.

Why is it that the majority of Police, Fire, Paramedic spokespersons are badly spoken?

A lot of ordinary people in London and the home counties are able to speak reasonably.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
A brief 'aside' if I might.

Why is it that the majority of Police, Fire, Paramedic spokespersons are badly spoken?

A lot of ordinary people in London and the home counties are able to speak reasonably.
I have not noticed that, some are, but certainly not the majority. You must also realise that when they are being interviewed in situations like this they are under a lot of pressure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:20 PM

I wonder how many of the residents have home contents insurance? They have been left with absolutely nothing.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wonder how many of the residents have home contents insurance? They have been left with absolutely nothing.
And if you did have it, all your insurance documents would be inside and burned. I couldn't even tell you which companies we use now to insure our house , contents, cars etc as, like most people these days we change them frequently to get the best price.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:24 PM

A terrible terrible tragedy, God rest the souls of the dead.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
And if you did have it, all your insurance documents would be inside and burned. I couldn't even tell you which companies we use now to insure our house , contents, cars etc as, like most people these days we change them frequently to get the best price.
I have often wondered that. We are told to keep documents in a tin or a fire proof safe but nothing would have survived that. A good idea to keep your insurance details on you phone I suppose.

Page 6 of 40 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top