Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:31 PM

E.l.m.

Elderly Lives Matter!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pay-cash.html

Cashless society.

Descrimination against elder people and against anyone who refuses to be forced to use card payments rather than "legal tender" ,real money !

There is NO scientific evidence that you can catch Coronavirus from money. Anybody seen or heard anything about anyone catching Coronavirus from money?

I,personally, boycott any shop,company that will not accept money.

According to the Bank of England, legally, legal tender,ie:money,isn't legal tender,but they also state payments by cards is also not legal tender?

I personally, will not be forced to "give" my personal, and bank details to anyone,shop,store,online company, just so they can vacum up my personal information,by using the Coronavirus as an excuse to do so!

Any and all high street shops and restaurants and pubs,ect,are struggling?

So why exclude anyone paying by cash? Obviously, not struggling enough to exclude or treat people paying by cash as second class citizens!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Re: E.l.m.

If either of them had the virus (which I doubt) then putting the items back on the shelf would be a better way of spreading it than simply accepting the cash in the first place. How ridiculous.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Plus, if the total is more than a tap on allowance, you've got to hit the keypad which is rarely cleaned. In fact, self service touch screens in supermarkets tend to not be cleaned as frequently as one might hope (plus bank cashpoint screens seem to be particularly grimey)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:40 PM

There is all sorts of developmental shite going on at the moment, folks need some time out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:47 PM

There are a couple of things that I can't avoid paying by either card or direct debit, but recently I have been paying for things with cash, and I must say what a breath of fresh air it is. I had forgot how good it was to hand over the cash in exchange for goods without having to endure a statement that brings tears to my eyes at the end of each month.

I shall withdraw my pension each month and pay cash wherever I can....ELM...... To right they do....
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Although i use Waterstones and WHsmiths to buy books,i also use any,and all charity shops, (buying and giving),only charity shop NOT accepting cash,is Air ambulance!

Card payment ONLY!

A great cause,air ambulance, we all might need as we get older.

A "charity " is only as strong as the people who support it.

Why differences between the ones who pay with cash or cards?

I might need their help one day,heart disease, but,would it make a

difference if i support them by paying cash payments or card?

Oops,sorry,you wanted to pay by cash!

We don't respond to anyone paying by cash!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:54 PM

Hard cash means it having to be taken to a bank which will involve a degree of risk for the poor schmo that has to take it.
Gaz55
UK

29-07-2020, 09:55 PM

Near the knuckle of America with thier Health insurance!

No insurance, no treatment!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Oops,sorry,you wanted to pay by cash! We don't respond to anyone paying by cash!
Seems a bit shortsighted. After all, the most common banknotes have a plastic coating so can be sprayed and washed down, and coins easily put into a bowl of disinfectant. Both then can be dried off within a couple of minutes and put back into the till alongside the rest of the cleaned cash. Obviously a bit of a faff, but if it means the difference between making a sale and someone walking out, surely it's worth the effort.
Gaz55
UK

29-07-2020, 09:58 PM

An online friend of mine died a few years ago. She lived in America. Had to choose between surgery with or without anesthetized for back pain. She couldn't afford it. She died.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top