Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:29 AM

Re: New clothes

I've never understood the fascination many women have over clothes. I have the outlook men have - they're purely functional and they're there to keep you warm and dry. I get a sizeable batch of socks and underwear at Christmas, but must be a couple of years since I bought any clothing. Jeans and t-shirts are my standard wear and they last a long time.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:38 AM

New clothes make you feel special and as if you made the effort.... I do have some old favourites though so not everything is new. Could I go without new clothes for a year?.... Yes if I really had to but prefer not to
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:47 AM

I have a new hobby.
I go shopping online and put nice clothes in my trolley, then empty it again. It seems to satify a need.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

People who judge you on what you wear are shallow.
Even if they look at you Art - see your classic clothes & judge you to be 'class'?

Actually I find pleasure in nice clothes & couldn't care less if people judge me because of them. I've never had any negative comments but quite a few compliments which is nice.

This is how I justify my spending on clothes - I used to smoke & I estimate that at todays prices I would be spending £60 a week & that's less than 20 a day!

Everytime Tony says to me 'Is that new' I tell him 'It's better than spending it on fags' He totally agrees.

I'm also a sucker for books & buy new ones every week - no way do I like used or second hand books!

I don't think they are two bad vices to have.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:32 PM

I usually like to buy something new to wear when we go away on holiday.

Holiday cancelled this year so no new clothes.

I rarely buy new clothes throughout the rest of the year, my daughter will get it for a birthday present.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

This is how I justify my spending on clothes - I used to smoke & I estimate that at todays prices I would be spending £60 a week & that's less than 20 a day!

Everytime Tony says to me 'Is that new' I tell him 'It's better than spending it on fags' He totally agrees.
Just as a matter of interest, Carol, B&H are now over £13 for a pack of 20.

Val has just ordered a new sweatshirt for each of us. I think that's about all the new clothes we've bought this year.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:20 PM

I don't buy too many clothes, usually get them as presents at xmas...or vouchers so I can choose my own
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:44 PM

I am dreadful, can't resist buying PJ's. Most times I go to Tesco I buy yet another pair or slippers, can't resist those either. I don't buy much else except knickers or socks, as I live in jeans & Tees & have lots of those.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
New clothes make you feel special and as if you made the effort....
This is what I can't get my head around. At no point in my life have clothes made me feel special. Clothes are just clothes to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:39 PM

I don't think I ever need to buy any new clothes again with the exception of underwear I have enough to last me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top