Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:57 PM

Re: Re...Sanitisers Provided In Shops/Supermarkets?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps that is why you have a second wave? I have never seen anyone not wipe down a trolley or use the hand sanitiser.
Zero to 2 infections rating in my area. Still get more restrictions because of other places in the region though.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Never manage to get the right amount out either too much hardly any or nothing because the thing is empty and not been replaced.

The foam ones do have a distinctive smell, the gel ones leave hands sticky.
I think if they leave your hands sticky there is something wrong with them. I am sure you are supposed to rub your hands until there is no residue ie the alcohol has evaporated.

There are plenty of recipes on line to make your own if you don't like the bought ones all the ingredients are at the supermarket
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I've never yet seen anyone wipe down a trolley or basket or use hand sanitizer when entering a shop. I don't either.
Well as a person of a certain age Ie In the most at risk group it’s about time you set them an example !

Nearly everyone around here does wipe down their trolley handle .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think if they leave your hands sticky there is something wrong with them. I am sure you are supposed to rub your hands until there is no residue ie the alcohol has evaporated.

There are plenty of recipes on line to make your own if you don't like the bought ones all the ingredients are at the supermarket

Sometimes there are two types and one for handles and one for hands .
People are warned not to use the handle one on their hands as it is stronger .

Wipes are provided in these places,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 07:57 AM

Just don't eat pasties while you are out.

(or pick your nose)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just don't eat pasties while you are out.

(or pick your nose)
Is that why some people do not put the mask over their nose?!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2020, 02:24 PM

I wear a mask and I must say I find myself touching it all the time.
It makes me cough but I can put up with that for just shopping .
However it also makes people muffled when they speak so now I know what it’s like to be hard of hearing .
Littlesisfor7
New Member!
United States
Littlesisfor7 is female 

20-09-2020, 07:53 PM

I work retail in the US. We are a diverse shop selling anything from wine, chocolate, decor and kitchenware. We have only been provided (from our Corporate Warehouse) one simple disinfectant wipes dispenser.
It keeps running out bc even tho it is set up to allow ONE wipe each, clients grab 4-5 and are rough handling it so...it empties FAST and ppl start complaining LOL!
We are still operating but these companies are barely surviving COVID and are not given proper supplies. We don't even have proper hand soap at our breakroom sink!
As far as scent of sanitizer goes...if you don't like it, use your own?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Littlesisfor7 ->
I work retail in the US. We are a diverse shop selling anything from wine, chocolate, decor and kitchenware. We have only been provided (from our Corporate Warehouse) one simple disinfectant wipes dispenser.
It keeps running out bc even tho it is set up to allow ONE wipe each, clients grab 4-5 and are rough handling it so...it empties FAST and ppl start complaining LOL!
We are still operating but these companies are barely surviving COVID and are not given proper supplies. We don't even have proper hand soap at our breakroom sink!
As far as scent of sanitizer goes...if you don't like it, use your own?
Littlesister, l don’t really like hand sanitisers and would prefer to take my own sink, soap, water and towel but that might be a bit difficult..... carrying them all into the shop!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well as a person of a certain age Ie In the most at risk group it’s about time you set them an example !

Nearly everyone around here does wipe down their trolley handle .
I am officially Not At Risk. Why would you assume I was?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top