Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: Here we go again !!

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I seem to remember Blair breaking international law as well with his illegal war.
And who brought him for an international court?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your totally amiss donks. Barnier was talking about the overarching deal about trade, fishing rights, banking etc. His statement had nothing to do with the WA. Of course a legal advisor would understand this.
Correct me if l am wrong Solly, but didnt Barmier say that BEFORE
a WA was discussed??
Too much emphasis is placed on the alteration of a minor point
of law which our remainer community and eu are exploiting for
their own ends , naturally??
I dont think the world at large even know that we are leaving the EU??
Or that the EU even exists, ??
We place too much importance on european affairs imo !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Correct me if l am wrong Solly, but didnt Barmier say that BEFORE
a WA was discussed??
Too much emphasis is placed on the alteration of a minor point
of law which our remainer community and eu are exploiting for
their own ends , naturally??
I dont think the world at large even know that we are leaving the EU??
Or that the EU even exists, ??
We place too much importance on european affairs imo !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
You are more right than I donks. Cap off to you.
Barnier said this about the the withdrawal agreement. And as you know the WA was agreed by all parties concerned, so all was agreed.
The political declaration stated this declaration establishes the parameters of an ambitious, broad, deep and
flexible partnership across trade and economic cooperation with a comprehensive and
balanced Free Trade Agreement at its core, law enforcement and criminal justice, foreign
policy, security and defence and wider areas of cooperation.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Pelosi should keep her big nose out of our business. We all know that she and Biden are pro-EU and would not go for a deal with the UK anyway if he is elected. She should learn from Obama's big mistake in sticking his oar in.
That lame duck President was stating on one hand how the 'special relationship' was so important, and with the other hand doing his old pal Cameron and Remainers a favour by threatening to put us at the back of the queue if we voted to leave. How did that work out Pelosi? It was a wonderful poster to show waverers how to deal with bullies, just as we are having to do once again with the EU.
I think much of this is trying to pander to the Irish-American vote as it is to try to wreck what's happening over here.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Did you see Ed Milliband today trying his best to drag us back to
the Theresa May days in the Boris law debate?
I would like to ask where he has been for the last year
It looks as if both he and the the little scotchman Blackford have
been having special coaching from the royal shakespeare company
before their speeches??
What a farce??

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:22 AM

Nigel Farage got it right.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:05 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...de-bill-latest

The Withdrawal Agreement between the UK and the EU is only law because of the Act of Parliament which makes it so, Brexiteer MP John Redwood has said.

Mr Redwood, in his regular online diary, wrote: "The Withdrawal Agreement is only the law because of the Act of Parliament that brings it into UK law. The UK Parliament is therefore free to amend it as it sees fit.

"There are those who still seem to think it would be bad faith for the UK to exercise its sovereign powers in this way, and claim it is a breach of international law to do so..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

16-09-2020, 06:00 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...tional-law-spt

While it is true that if Mr Johnson went ahead with his plan, Britain would essentially break international law – unearthed reports prove the EU has done exactly that in the past, while arguing its innocence.
Do they understand what the rules are in the first place.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 06:32 PM

Only when it suits them Cinders. Such as the EU giving state aid to such as Airbus and Germany with Lufthansa, plus the EU states breaking the Dublin Convention by choosing not to register and fingerprint every illegal immigrant caught reaching the first port of safety. Hungary has simply chosen to ignore all EU rules by refusing immigrants entering its borders. Then of course, there is little ol' Ireland being allowed to act as a tax haven.

But of course, none of these count in the eyes of the EU, even though they go through the joke of saying that legal action is being taken against them and even though Germany has itself been found guilty of breaking EU rules more than any other EU state, despite Mutta Merkel being the big cheese!! Hypocrites, the lot of them.

(Would have provided a link but it is the Independent who want me to disarm my ad blocker and subscribe with payment to read the article. so apologies, but no way!)
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-09-2020, 09:46 PM

He still up for it, thank goodness.

https://order-order.com/2020/09/14/n...party-is-back/

It’s worth remembering that without Nigel winning the European Elections, it’s unlikely that Boris would have ever become Prime Minister. He’s changed the course of UK politics twice. Now he’s back…
The only one I have any respect for, so glad he failed to get elected to Westminster, the establishment's nemesis. Wherever would we be without him...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top