Join for free
Page 20 of 51 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Lovely song Art always makes me cry

If he were alive today he would be on my side.

Like this man .( Brian May )

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/que...limate-change/
I agree Muddy, but am well aware that too many people will always put their own needs ahead of helping life on earth to continue. How sad!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I believe that protesters don't have the capacity for a hobby, or the ability to succeed in a career. They appear to be obsessed with the world around them and would rather pursue an endless road to nowhere, being angry at the people who gave them the means to do what they do.
What an excellent description, OGF!
I wish I'd said that.

I sometimes wonder how they fund themselves.
Do they have rich parents? Do they raise money by selling drugs? Are they funded by some politically biased person who wishes to remain anonymous?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 03:55 PM

Well let’s see ?
Had you bothered to click on my link you would have seen that over 100 medics were among the protestors .
I think they do what they usually do .
Look after sick people .
Then of course the demonstrations are usually held at weekends .which makes it easier for people -in normal times - who have regular nine to five jobs to attend .

And then again some are scientists .
Several hundred in fact .
One presumes they work for a living and are not all lazy boring layabouts with rich parents ?

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...ebellion-66572

We haven’t much time left

https://www.richarddawkins.net/2019/...hat-18-months/

And why people deny it’s happening

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-fiv...-change-denial
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:28 PM

Well let’s see ?
Had you bothered to click on my link you would have seen that over 100 medics were among the protestors .
I think they do what they usually do .
Look after sick people .
Then of course the demonstrations are usually held at weekends .which makes it easier for people -in normal times - who have regular nine to five jobs to attend .

And then again some are scientists .
Several hundred in fact .
One presumes they work for a living and are not all lazy boring layabouts with rich parents ?

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...ebellion-66572

We haven’t much time left

https://www.richarddawkins.net/2019/...hat-18-months/

And why people deny it’s happening

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-fiv...-change-denial
You really shouldn't worry about it, Muddy. You'll drive yourself into an early grave.

And all these doctors digging up lawns and climbing on to underground trains wouldn't give me any confidence in seeing them if I were concerned about my health.

Hang on a minute! I thought that doctors were all overworked. Yet they have time to dig up lawns and climb on underground trains as well!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:33 PM

They would me.
Then I would know they were conscientious and thinking not pill pushing robots.
If they are concerned about the state of their patients who are being adversely affected by climate change - and are prepared to do something about it .
They are the ones for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:46 PM

They would me.
Then I would know they were conscientious and thinking not pill pushing robots.
If they are concerned about the state of their patients who are being adversely affected by climate change - and are prepared to do something about it .
They are the ones for me.
The trouble is they are wasting their time, nothing they, or us can do about climate change. That's even if it's changing at all...

The protesters that are currently harassing the Dutch Supertrawlers in the North sea are real protesters and can make a difference. But the protesters protesting about climate change might as well protest about the sun being too hot and expecting the government to do something about it.
They are wasting your time and my time and giving the gullible false hope.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-09-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
the trouble is they are wasting their time, nothing they, or us can do about climate change. That's even if it's changing at all...

The protesters that are currently harassing the dutch supertrawlers in the north sea are real protesters and can make a difference. But the protesters protesting about climate change might as well protest about the sun being too hot and expecting the government to do something about it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:59 PM

It seems to me that all of this back and forth discussion is but a view of the entire world in microcosm. Until an overwhelming majority of the world's countries are on board the idea that climate change is an urgent matter, nothing can, or will be, changed.

The pollution, and burning of the rainforests, is driven by the desires of people who want/need evermore "stuff". There will always be large corporations/governments which are ready willing and able to fulfill those desires/needs of individuals.

I don't see any chance that millions upon millions of individuals who are willing to give up everyday products such as more cars, TV's, refrigerators, even cell phones. All newly manufactured products require raw materials, especially plastics. Plastics, as you know, are manufactured from crude oil. Are many countries backing off from consuming vast amounts of crude oil ?

It seems unlikely that until the majority of countries band together to force a cleaner environment the levels of pollution will climb ever higher.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Oh dear, DA a one trick pony now, he doesn’t even write his own scripts anymore, he is just a sad old man
Of course he is ,living off his once good reputation ,now an an old *has been* like his mate Lizzie .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The trouble is they are wasting their time, nothing they, or us can do about climate change. That's even if it's changing at all...

The protesters that are currently harassing the Dutch Supertrawlers in the North sea are real protesters and can make a difference. But the protesters protesting about climate change might as well protest about the sun being too hot and expecting the government to do something about it.
Well said, OGF.

Page 20 of 51 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top