Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2013, 11:10 PM

Re: I am blessed.

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
D

What makes your life blessed?
I feel exactly the same way too Robert, I love every minute of life and there is little I have done that I regret or would change.

If anything retirement has been as good as it can get too, I have both the money and time to live as nihilistic a life as I want. Even the inevitable aches and pains, back operations and the like have not stopped me.

The worst that ever occurs is that very, very occasionally I wonder if the other shoe is about to drop, but that feeling lasts all of ten seconds and... "Nah!"
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 02:34 AM

Robert, I thank you for your PM the other day.

Unfortunately I was unable to reply to you because you have the facility for receiving PMs switched off, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. Another member on here tried to PM you on my behalf, but she got the same message that I did in that you have chosen not to receive PMs from anyone.

I'm fine, and thank you for asking. Lovely post, by the way.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 02:38 AM

I am blessed because I am God's favourite ..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
... I'm not religious but I still say the special prayer my Granny thought me when I was a boy, it's short and sweet and to the point.
Would you like to share that with us - or is it too personal?

I am blessed in so many ways. I have good health and good friends, own my little bungalow, have lots of hobbies/interests and enough money to eat healthily and keep myself warm. Yes, I have had setbacks - but who hasn't - and some a lot worse than mine. A positive attitude can overcome most things and I firmly believe that life is gift to be enjoyed!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 11:30 AM

I am blessed as I still have my mind. Although it forgets sometimes I am the 6,678th quizzer out of nearly 2 million on the quiz site I use so that makes me feel blessed as well.
If you have your mind, your health, your lovely family and friends, that's a good life. There are always people worse off than yourself so I think whilst your life is running smoothly you go with the flow and enjoy it whilst you can.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

11-12-2014, 04:46 AM

I've still got my marbles (I think), a roof over my head, good food, and a warm fuzzy cat.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 09:29 AM

I'm alive and kicking, so yes, I'm blessed.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
I've still got my marbles (I think), a roof over my head, good food, and a warm fuzzy cat.
THanks for resurrecting this topic from over a year ago, how did you find it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 07:47 PM

THanks for resurrecting this topic from over a year ago, how did you find it?
I think she finds it quite palatable
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 10:10 PM

Despite indicators to the contrary,
I have had a great life.
Done most of what I wanted to do.
Have a great family & great friends,
Many of them in here.
Am positive about the future.
Live in a nice house in a nice area.
I am well provided for
I count my blessings every day.

What makes your life blessed?
You know what , I empathise totally , that is my mantra.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top