Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Self image in dreams.

Here’a a question that has always puzzled me. When you dream and you are in that dream, how come you can never see your own face? I have asked my family and many friends over the years and they all agree that they can’t see their own image either.
My theory on this is that the mind leaves the body when you sleep and travels far from the body into space where it meets up with other minds or spirits dead and alive, a bit of a wild theory but all theories are that until scientifically proven. It is said that when you dream you are dead you are dead, though how they came back to tell us that I’ll never know, most people who had an out of body experience say they could look down at themselves on a bed or operating table, Vampires cannot see themselves in a mirror, whats it all about I wonder.
I tried holding a mirror in front of me in bed up to the moment I fell asleep, sort of ingrain the image in my mind, didn’t work all I got was the predictable nightmare.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:19 PM

Re: Self image in dreams.

Are you OK Jem?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Are you OK Jem?
Just had one of those days Alan...again.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Id never given it much thought before ,but you are right we do not see ourselves in dreams , but we do relate to our feelings in dreams ,
Ive lost count of the times ive actually tripped over a step or stone , and iv
felt my body move .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Just had one of those days Alan...again.
Jem, you are in dire need of a stiff drink (assume you haven't had one already.)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-12-2014, 10:46 PM

Thank you Eliza.

I've just poured a well needed glass of port Losos, looking after the baby today so it's the first, not that that was any bother quite the reverse, it's only when I have nothing to do me mind starts wandering.

It's a fair question I think, it’s just that I’d like to know has anybody any ideas why this is, simply that you can see everyone else’s face in dreams but never your own, why is that? I've asked this here a long time ago and nobody seemed to know, maybe with so many new members I thought I'd give it another try.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:19 PM

Visions are scary.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-12-2014, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Visions are scary.
Pleasant dreams then Spitty.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:38 PM

I have seen myself in dreams. Not often, but have. I've been looking in a mirror at the time and it's usually something to do with my hair or what I'm wearing. Other than that it's usually dreams of being in places I've never been before.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Here’a a question that has always puzzled me. When you dream and you are in that dream, how come you can never see your own face?
Jem I don't think we 'see' ourselves or anyone when we dream. We are just having thoughts while sleeping and our brains are busy sorting and filtering information and deciding which bits should be disregarded and which consigned to memory .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top