Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Re: Self image in dreams.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thank you Eliza.

I've just poured a well needed glass of port Losos, looking after the baby today so it's the first, not that that was any bother quite the reverse, it's only when I have nothing to do me mind starts wandering.

It's a fair question I think, it’s just that I’d like to know has anybody any ideas why this is, simply that you can see everyone else’s face in dreams but never your own, why is that? I've asked this here a long time ago and nobody seemed to know, maybe with so many new members I thought I'd give it another try.

How do you know its you, if you can't see a face Jem?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 12:11 AM

Good question Mups.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

02-12-2014, 12:15 AM

Interesting. I have seen myself in two places at one time in a dream. For instance, I watched myself getting in a car accident while I was standing on the side of the road. I was in two places at the same time. Lol, too bad I couldn't do that in real life. One of me would go to work, and the other could stay home.

Edit: Yes, I could see my face in both locations. One was just passively watching, and of course the other one was really scared.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Jem I don't think we 'see' ourselves or anyone when we dream. We are just having thoughts while sleeping and our brains are busy sorting and filtering information and deciding which bits should be disregarded and which consigned to memory .
Thank you Meg, I can always rely on you for the facts, no wild theories, no speculation, no magic, just the plain hard facts. Remember Joe Friday in the old Dragnet series when he was questioning a witness “Stick to the facts Ma’am, just gimme the facts”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How do you know its you, if you can't see a face Jem?
Oh I must have put it wrong Mups, I can see lots of faces, family alive and dead, friends here and gone, but never my own face, God only knows I couldn’t miss that mug.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I have seen myself in dreams. Not often, but have. I've been looking in a mirror at the time and it's usually something to do with my hair or what I'm wearing. Other than that it's usually dreams of being in places I've never been before.
Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
Interesting. I have seen myself in two places at one time in a dream. For instance, I watched myself getting in a car accident while I was standing on the side of the road. I was in two places at the same time. Lol, too bad I couldn't do that in real life. One of me would go to work, and the other could stay home.

Edit: Yes, I could see my face in both locations. One was just passively watching, and of course the other one was really scared.
That’s interesting Alice, you and Donna are the first people I’ve ‘met’ so far to see your own face in a dream. One question if you can remember, were you the same age in the dream as you were when you dreamed it or were you younger?
About seeing two of yourself Donna that really is something, and about it being handy sending one of you to work and the other staying at home, nice wouldn’t it. My mother used to call some of my old shirts ‘working shirts’ I remember one monday morning I had a hangover, she held up a shirt and said “Jimmy here’s a good working shirt” “That’s great mom I’ll go back to bed and send the shirt to work”
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Strange one, I never thought about it before either but I will pay more attention next time I dream!
I don't dream as much now but when I do it's like a mini series - seems to last all night..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:47 AM

Just logged into this and yes, I've seen me face - not often - but Jem when you are talking to your lovely wife in real life, you cant see yer face - can you - same in a dream ........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:56 AM

Can you have your dream interrupted, eg. getting up for a wee, and then go back to bed and continue where you left off? I can.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thank you Meg, I can always rely on you for the facts, no wild theories, no speculation, no magic, just the plain hard facts. Remember Joe Friday in the old Dragnet series when he was questioning a witness “Stick to the facts Ma’am, just gimme the facts”
Jem I think sometimes I must be a man in a womans body, too much logic for a woman .....<<<< runs to hide

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top