Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:26 PM

Will this be the end of the Christmas Card?

This morning I bought the stamps for my Christmas cards, and sent 9 abroad. It cost me nearly £80! Shock, horror. Is the extortionate price of postage going to bring about the demise of the Christmas Card as we know it.

I think I will design one and email it to my friends asking themto print it off, in future. I think Royal Mail are 'aving a larf!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:28 PM

Re: Will this be the end of the Christmas Card?

My partner and I have facebooked and emailed friends to say we wont be sending cards. We're donating to charity instead. I couldn't care less if I ever saw a Christmas card again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
This morning I bought the stamps for my Christmas cards, and sent 9 abroad. It cost me nearly £80! Shock, horror. Is the extortionate price of postage going to bring about the demise of the Christmas Card as we know it.

I think I will design one and email it to my friends asking themto print it off, in future. I think Royal Mail are 'aving a larf!
That's outrageous ! I wonder if privatisation has anything to do with it
I love the cards, means more than presents to me ........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:36 PM

Like Patsy, I too love receiving Christmas cards much more than receiving a present.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:36 PM

Blimey, I would have been on the floor... £80??? I like a few cards too, Patsy..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Blimey, I would have been on the floor... £80??? I like a few cards too, Patsy..
I keep the special ones, where thought has gone into them, I'm running out of room though
Every 2 -3 years, I have another look at them
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:41 PM

£80 sounds high ,did you check you wasn't didled ?I will hand deliver most of mine and and email the others to wish them a good Christmas and bring them up to date on what I've been doing all year.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:44 PM

My partner estimated he spends £100 on cards and postage. He's donating it to charity instead. We love birthday cards, etc, but couldn't care less abut Christmas cards.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 07:54 PM

I think the post office know people will continue to send the traditional post cards so why not cash in while they can, that's what happens when you let public owned institutions slip out of your hands and let greedy companies take over, greed never sleeps, they are trying to sell off our post offices now, but they face a stiff battle.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I keep the special ones, where thought has gone into them, I'm running out of room though
Every 2 -3 years, I have another look at them
I have one or two from donkeys years ago but 5 or 6 yrs back I had a big sort out.... always keep some, don't like to throw 'em away - can embarrass the kids!! lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top