Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Shower

I love my shower every day, but my shower is pretty hopeless. It's so weak and I think it's because the water comes through a bit at a time and has to be heated, hence it's so slow. I love a good shower. Especially power showers. They can waken you up in the morning and make you feel good.

My partner's shower this morning reminded me of how pathetic mines actually is .

Power shower anyone?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 07:15 PM

Re: Shower

All our water goes through a pump as living up stairs our water pressure is hopeless. Means as a bonus we have a power shower. You can have a whole house pump fitted or just one for the shower. Costly for a whole house one like we have but a shower one isn't so bad.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
All our water goes through a pump as living up stairs our water pressure is hopeless. Means as a bonus we have a power shower. You can have a whole house pump fitted or just one for the shower. Costly for a whole house one like we have but a shower one isn't so bad.
mmm, that's interesting Julie. I'm also upstairs and my neighbour downstairs says her power is great. Think I'll see about that as, honestly, it's pathetic. Thanks for that.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 07:40 PM

Since we moved I haven't used the shower, but son says it's much more powerful than our old one, apparently gas-powered ones are. I don't like really strong ones, but I remember some years back on a tour of Italy all the American tourists complaining like billy-oh about weak European showers in hotels, whereupon I think things changed considerably. I prefer long hot baths but my Swedish friend thinks this is a terrible habit. 'Wallowing in your own filth' as she charmingly puts it! (Don't know why she thinks I'm that dirty! Only time I'll shower is in summer humid conditions.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

07-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Since we moved I haven't used the shower, but son says it's much more powerful than our old one, apparently gas-powered ones are. I don't like really strong ones, but I remember some years back on a tour of Italy all the American tourists complaining like billy-oh about weak European showers in hotels, whereupon I think things changed considerably. I prefer long hot baths but my Swedish friend thinks this is a terrible habit. 'Wallowing in your own filth' as she charmingly puts it! (Don't know why she thinks I'm that dirty! Only time I'll shower is in summer humid conditions.

Rose, I'm a bath lover too. Shower in the morning, bath at night. Never thought of lying in my own filth. Piece of nonsense. I'd just like a more powerful shower.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 08:09 PM

Well, considering I bathe every day and don't work down a coal mine I hardly consider I am "sitting in my own filth"! Showers are nice too, but nothing soothes my aches and pains better than par-boiling myself in a HOT bath.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 08:14 PM

I would love a power shower
My electric shower has been better since I replaced it with a 10kw and is now adequate .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 08:19 PM

we have only had a electric power showers ,one at our last house was up stairs ,it feed straight off the cold water supply so ,if there was a problem with the boiler we could still shower .We did have to balance the feed though , if the washer came on down stairs it would drain the shower of water .
When we moved to this Bungalow and had new bathroom fitted , we was told by the plumber it would be cheaper to have the hot water from the Boiler , but we decided on the power shower from cold supply.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 08:40 PM

My shower is ok, but the bit on the rod is broken, so the hose can't be held in place. I have to hold it, which can be tiresome. I keep biding my time till I have the bathroom done.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 09:02 PM

I don"t think showering every day is good for you it upsets the PHD balance of the skin.
Makes the skin drier specially as you get older.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top