Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 09:04 PM

Re: Shower

Our shower's not brilliant even though it's only 2yrs old, the pressure is so low and the thing gets clogged up with lime scale so quickly that it's a constant battle with descaling - descaled it yesterday so it's a bit better, for now.
My sister has a power shower and boy, do you feel clean and fresh after that - providing you can manage to stay upright!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 09:40 PM

I shower Sheila takes baths. Our shower is gravity fed but it's quite adequate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t think showering every day is good for you it upsets the PHD balance of the skin.
Makes the skin drier specially as you get older.
I found having baths did that far more than having a shower. TBH if you work at a manual job or walk muddy walks with your dogs you need a daily or even twice daily shower to just not be offensive to others.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 10:48 PM

I have the choice of a Shower in an independent enclosure, or a bath, I have always found on the hygiene front, a bath is preferable, a shower is good for the arm pits but ain't much cop round the Crown Jewels.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have the choice of a Shower in an independent enclosure, or a bath, I have always found on the hygiene front, a bath is preferable, a shower is good for the arm pits but ain't much cop round the Crown Jewels.
That might be TMI Spitfire
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You mean, you can't wash your balls but no problem with washing armpits? That's the weirdest thing I've heard all day.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Our shower is pretty good. We have a combi boiler with a thermal store, so the pressure and flow are pretty good. Previously we had a 'stored water' system and a shower pump to give a decent shower. Unfortunately, you can't use a shower pump with a combi boiler.

I've never found electric showers to be very good, but it probably depends on their power.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=spitfire;571767]I have the choice of a Shower in an independent enclosure, or a bath, I have always found on the hygiene front, a bath is preferable, a shower is good for the arm pits but ain't much cop round the Crown Jewels.[/QUOTE]

Don't get that Spitty? Aint your arms long enough to reach and wash the old crown jewels then?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t think showering every day is good for you it upsets the PHD balance of the skin.
Makes the skin drier specially as you get older.

I can't think a quick shower does any harm to our skin Apricot, in fact it washes away any dead skin cells we make.
It also depends on what you use to wash with. Soaps are much more drying than the essential oil shower gels I use, then a lovely Almond & Cocoa butter moisturiser afterwards - skin soft as a baby's botty.
Soaking in a hot bath every day would be much more likely to dry the skin out.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:42 AM

Taking a bath uses a lot more water than a shower. Not to mention that you end up sitting in the dirty water when you think you're clean after washing yourself. Bathtubs are such a waste of space. I don't even have one in my house. They're fine for babies and toddlers, but that's all.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top