Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 10:36 AM

Re: I felt very old today . . .

Sounds a b****r of a day Mups, hope you are well rested and recovered now..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Aw Mups I know how you feel..
Last time I drove into the city for a shopping session I felt totally out of my depth. It was about this time last year.
The car park I had always used previously had gone as had many of the shops with which I was familiar.
People seemed to be rushing past knocking into me and I felt in the way and disorientated

After half an hour (having purchased three hours in the carpark) I grabed a few things in M&S food hall so my journey was not a complete waste of time and returned to the car park. I avoided the lift smelling of pee and made my way to the top floor roof of the car park only to find my car wasn't there. I was nearly in tears by then exausted from the long walk upstarirs .
I didn't know what to do and decided my car must have been stollen . I walked to the wall at the side of the car park to rest my bags and to text my son to see if he could come and pick me up and spotted another lower roof top carpark in an adgoining tower and there was my car. I felt so relieved and very silly

I haven't been there since.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:17 AM

Toilets are the bain in anyone's life Mups. I normally cross my legs as I
refuse to pay 20p for the toilets. I have had to walk very fast when
arriving at Manchester on the train as I hate going on the train toilets
too. So I normally walk to somewhere like Debenhams or a café where
you know they have to have a toilet.
I will cheer you up with my toilet story. When I was in Geneva, Switzerland
I had to go outside the UN. They have one of these new fangled toilets.
It is all in French so instructions do exist. My D in L opened the door for
me and I went in to use the toilet. Then washed my hands. When I
turned around I couldn't find the button to press open on the door. I
was then panicking as unlike the toilets in England, the ones abroad
clean themselves after use. I was looking at all the French trying to
read it and after about a minute managed to find the button to press
and ran out when the doors opened. The doors then closed and you
could hear the whole of the toilet, floor and all being drowned in a shower
of water. I could just imagine if I had been still in it how great I would
have looked like a drowned rat.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Ah Mups feel for you but don't allow it to keep you in. Nice things happen too when you are out and about. Stay calm, don't worry we oldies have the advantage of taking our time.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Mups - I don't think the answer is to get 'out more' - why relive it all over again

Heed Patsy"s advice.Which is sound, after all that faff, I wouldn't be rushing there again
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

Heed Patsy"s advice.Which is sound, after all that faff, I wouldn't be rushing there again
Well I'm stating me own point of view, can't wait to get home me
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 03:50 PM

Well at one time , not that so long ago I used to go into Town every Monday to have a look aroud and see what was going on, but now I can"t really be fagged.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Well at one time , not that so long ago I used to go into Town every Monday to have a look aroud and see what was going on, but now I can"t really be fagged.
Francis I think it is 'an age thing'. I used to go into the local large town every couple of weeks and sometimes to Cheltenham and loved my days out.
Now I can't do with the hassle and my sister and sister in law say exactly the same thing. They always went from Derby to London Christmas shopping but have given that up too in the last few years.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Francis I think it is 'an age thing'. I used to go into the local large town every couple of weeks and sometimes to Cheltenham and loved my days out.
Now I can't do with the hassle and my sister and sister in law say exactly the same thing. They always went from Derby to London Christmas shopping but have given that up too in the last few years.
I don't know if it's necessarily age - I have always had to be feeling really 'up' to tolerate the crowds in cities
And London has always been insane
Son went up to stay with daughter last weekend and they went out with friends who wanted to go down Oxford Street. Son, who I like me in this respect, freaked out, and even my crowd -tolerant daughter said it was horrific.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
I don't know if it's necessarily age - I have always had to be feeling really 'up' to tolerate the crowds in cities
And London has always been insane
Son went up to stay with daughter last weekend and they went out with friends who wanted to go down Oxford Street. Son, who I like me in this respect, freaked out, and even my crowd -tolerant daughter said it was horrific.
Yes I think you love it or hate it - I've never liked crowds ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top